THE POOL - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
I definitely agree that a pack of hounds is probably too dangerous to take on. But the enemy known versus the enemy unknown...

This is wild, I'm already engrossed.

It's true that facing the enemy known is always preferable, @Levankua, but in this case they don't stand a chance so they've got no choice.

omggg thank you so much for the translation!!! please continue the update 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Gamon Sakurai is in his natural element with this manga, you can really feel it.
Thank you for translating this! Desperately need chapter 3 translated!

Group Leader
Oh man, this series has a ton of promise already, Gamon is one of the best at action, suspense, and tension, and he's now working in an environment you'd more expect out of a mangaka like Tsutomu Nihei, so I have no doubt things are about to get fucked up in the best way possible! Plus, he's really showing what a great eye for creature design he has already, and there's zero doubt they'll only get more horrific from here. Add in the sort of "prisoner's dilemma" situation that's inevitable to occur with the miners, and we've got all of the elements of greatness, woven together by one of the most genuinely devious minds in the manga industry.

On another note, does anyone know if Xenomorph/Alien-san are a group or just one sigma af person? I'm not trying to complain about the quality or speed of their releases, or anything like that. I'm mostly just curious, but if they read this and ever need any help, please don't hesitate to hit us at Undead Scans (or me) up, on here or Discord. Not trying to snipe the series or recruit, it's just that we want to do our part to help support the series we love.

On another note, does anyone know if Xenomorph/Alien-san are a group or just one sigma af person? I'm not trying to complain about the quality or speed of their releases, or anything like that. I'm mostly just curious, but if they read this and ever need any help, please don't hesitate to hit us at Undead Scans (or me) up, on here or Discord. Not trying to snipe the series or recruit, it's just that we want to do our part to help support the series we love.
Hi, Its Xeno, usually I translate only from Japanese to Russian.
The translation of chapter 2 was made by another person, and I just put the text on the pages. But right now he has no interest in doing a translation for the American-speaking public.
Of course, I can do a Jap to Eng translation too, but it might look mechanical due to my poor language skills. And it would require proofreading of the native speaker.
I'm more concerned about why the previous translators didn't post the chapters. You might be able to reach them.

Group Leader
Hi, Its Xeno, usually I translate only from Japanese to Russian.
The translation of chapter 2 was made by another person, and I just put the text on the pages. But right now he has no interest in doing a translation for the American-speaking public.
Of course, I can do a Jap to Eng translation too, but it might look mechanical due to my poor language skills. And it would require proofreading of the native speaker.
I'm more concerned about why the previous translators didn't post the chapters. You might be able to reach them.

Hello, it's really nice to hear back from you! First, thank you so much for the update, I appreciate that you released the chapter, I'm a huge can of both Ajin and The Pool!

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that he has no interest in releasing chapters for an English audience, his translations are quite good!

As the proofreader for Undead Scans, I would be more than happy to lend my skills to help out with your JPN->ENG scripts (and for what it's worth, I'm a native English speaker with college-level English skills, and years of experience proofreading, editing, and even writing for publications.) The only tricky point would be having someone who can handle doing the redrawing (I can clean bubbles easily, but my skills as a RD aren't at an acceptable level yet) because our resident RD is busy with IRL stuff and the series we're in the process of picking up currently. That said, if necessary, we could probably negotiate helping out with typesetting as well, if desired.

I actually have reached out to them on a couple of occasions via their Discord server, but never heard back from them directly. It's my understanding that they don't have the required time/manpower to fully pick up the series in addition to the ones they're currently working on. So, no dice on that front, I'm afraid.

All of that said, I sincerely apologize that it took me so long to get back to you, truly. In the future, please feel free to hit me up on Discord at mei.nichi#7463 as that's usually the quickest way to get ahold of me. If you'd be open to collaborating with my scanlation group Undead Scans, then we'd be more than happy to help with proofreading or anything else we can (and of course, you would receive full credit for all of your contributions, as well as retain creative control of those aspects; it would be a partnership, and while we'd love to have you as a member of our group, membership is not mandatory at all whatsoever, either.) if those terms are agreeable for you, please message me either here on MangaDex or on Discord, so we can get started! Thank you so much just for reading this far, and for helping popularize this series.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, why aren't they going outside to get to the worker's transport instead? Did I miss something?

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, why aren't they going outside to get to the worker's transport instead? Did I miss something?
Because it's on the other side of the mine, at the other entrance. Either you go around outside, OR, you face the single beast inside and go through the mine.

Dex-chan lover
Because it's on the other side of the mine, at the other entrance. Either you go around outside, OR, you face the single beast inside and go through the mine.
Yeah that's what I meant, I was confused as to why they initially didn't plan on all the way to the other side to the transport from the outside, rather than going through the mine with the creature there. But I guess that was a necessary plot device!

Users who are viewing this thread