The Precious Sister of the Villainous Grand Duke

knife rattle thingy: *exists*
me:
4wwgff.jpg

@rosseforP mmmm, I'm reading the novel on Discord (I've recently found a group where if u buy the author's novel officially, they give u the translation in exchange -I can't share the link for obvious reasons-), but I think the story exactly discusses a lot about the idea of family (about
what it means to be family, how betrayal can broke and destroy a family; how that exactly can make u feel part of one; how important -or not- are bonds of blood; how hardships when shared with someone else can build up a family; how u can be rejected by one and even be rejected by other non-stop, family abuse and negligence in many different levels, etc
.) and that's exactly why IMO, it's worth to read.

Also, at least in this specific case, I don't agree with the idea of "indirect incest". I do agree with u in "Beware of the brothers" and the other as well (lol).

Yeah, they don't have blood ties, but they spent some important time together, that's a fact; but there's a key event before they even met that changed their interactions from the very beginning for both characters:
Dietrich’s mother died while kidnaping MC and MC's has the memories of her previous life.

It's for this reason that
the first emotion Dietrich feels towards Anissa is hatred, a deep black hatred. He despises her so much because he thinks she's the one to blame for his mother's death, and even tho they got closer with time, he never recognizes her as his sister (in part because of that, in part because caring for someone in his family just means death, and because there wasn't anybody there to teach him about love, about the difference between siblings, things, animals, family, etc.).

They somehow grow together because they lived in the same mansion, and it is true as well that he took care of her some times before being the official successor and so she took care of him as well.
However it's shown in the novel that it wasn't that much, since Dietrich was busy with the successor game and other stuff. Idk how much it was exactly, but maybe 3 or 4 months (if we include their ocasional meetings in other places aside the garden) for the first 4 years?

After that, then the time indeed increased, but it's disputable as well since Anissa already had things to do at that age. I'm missing the times she went to his room because of the cold (winter), but my point is that, in general, their intentions were not that many or that long (for many reasons), and they were almost never "pure" regardless the real cuteness of their interactions(especially at the beginning).

And yeah, even tho with time they slowly showed more sincerity to the other, the truth is that most of the time, the things they gave to each other had a purpose (they both wanted something from the other, and they knew as well that both have their own thoughts on their minds; so it wouldn't be wise to get in each other's way if it wasn't necessary).

In general, even tho they took care of each other sometimes, and both of them played their roles as "siblings" when it was needed, the reality is that
both of them always regarded their own safety, life, and individuality (because they wanted to survive, even tho ofc MC a lot of times gave herself the chance to do a lot more without restrain) as the most important thing.

They used each other, over and over again, to gain something. Maybe MC's intentions were more obvious and "pure" to us because she's the protagonist who's showing all her story in front of us (and because she saw herself reflected in Dietrich somehow), but at the end of the day, she was just trying to use Dietrich to survive (and she did). Some of Dietrich’s actions will probably be questionable and in general pretty gray for a big part of the story (and yet really cute somehow), but at the same time, he just wants the same as her: survive.

With that kind of mentality, with their memories together, plus a bit of sincerity between them, what kind of relationship u think they would develop at the end? For me, at least in this story, their final bond makes sense.

Both Anissa and Dietrich are saviors and destroyers for each other's life; both are supposed to be something, but at the same time they're not because of what their previous generations did (and this is a key point in the story and a huge critique that the author made a lot in different layers), because their current enviroment doesn't allow that (because no matter how long it takes,
feelings there are equal to death); ofc, unless u kill everyone else first (I think that's one of the questions that the author wanted to make).

It's pretty fine if you're uncomfortable or if u want to drop the manwha; however, I think this story is quite nice. Is nicely written, the author knows how to build a story that at times is full of cuteness, then is deeply sad, hilarious, ruthless, etc. The dark and the light is all the time within the story; idk how she did it, but she was also capable of doing a social critique about children abuse and negligence.

There will also be a lot of dark humour, mean jokes surrounding food and other small details here and there, that at times made me laugh and at times I just laugh to not cry. Sometimes even the murderers seems to be way better than the ones who're supposedly the "good ones" and just is a bit of what this story will show.

The more u read, the more u understand how they met, with what kind of emotions they interact, you'll discover as well what they want from each other and what are they capable to do in order to obtain it. With time you'll see why they're family, but they can't and sometimes why they shouldn't think about the other as siblings.

Another big thing that affected them to recognize the other as sibling was their enviroment.
The successor game literally made the things different in their household
, and that's the main difference with why I for example dislike "Beware of the brothers", "I am a Child of this House", but I like this one.

In this story,
every born child is your enemy and u better kill them all (especially if they're still babies), because otherwise they might go after u when they get older.

This sole premise breaks the idea of "family" as we ideally know. In Dietrich’s family
it doesn't matter if u share blood or not, it doesn't matter if you're siblings and it doesn't matter if someone is your mother or your father. Everyone is your enemy and everyone is trying to kill u unless they become your own slaves or are dead (and yet, even the devil, the sacrifices, and the demons will give surprises).

You'll see that even mothers are willing to poison, kill, and give their children as sacrifices (I won't spoil much because in the future there will be several interesting approachments about this).

Family is most of the time in this story, just a tag to kill and use, which is why I think it gives a lot of freedom as well in Anissa x Dietrich’s story.

Edit: Idk, for me it's a nice story and I reccomend it. 😊

I am so so so glad this series is continuing. Thank you so much!!!! Please don’t drop this master piece. Update it frequently.

Real question: does this shit count as incest??? I mean, I get that their unrelated but still... kinda scuffed.
I mean, I'm still gonna read it so doesn't really matter anyway...

@AiriAi Recording Hall isn't the one where one is a demon who took the image of MC's brother, that one is called "The devil" as far as I know, Recording Hall is where Ran/Lan (MC) reincanted in the novel she writed and wanted to spare ml/stepbrother from the pain he went through in the novel, so she takes care of the duchy for 2 years and then would give him back the Duchy since he's the one who should lead the duchy in the first place.

Hope this helps!

@Ahri21 ohh tysm for telling me, I just remember what story is. Is from the same author of "I am a Child of this House", maybe that's why I forgot it? Lmao.

Anyway, that story certainly doesn't have incest, but I agree that they indeed play a lot with the "brother-sister" card in order to flirt, to be menacing, to relax, to kill others, etc. Can't deny it.

The author has always something weird stuff in her/he's stories, lol. XD

@AiriAi
Thank you for taking your time to explain it to me! And in a nice manner at that. I have not read very far into the novel as I have dropped it.

What you said is right, but I just find it really unnecessary for the title to have the word "sister" in it. And there is so much potential for other male characters to become to male lead too, I just don't understand why it always have to be the somewhat indirectly related character.

Even if I know that they are not blood-related, or related in any way at all, it's really disturbing when the ml's mother wanted to take the fl home to raise her, and the title certainly does not help, "The [Precious Sister] of The Villainous Grand Duke".

But in Recording Hall it clearly mentioned that they were step-siblings so I can't really stand that one. Not blood related. But still related (parents married). Once again, there is potential for another character to be the love interest.

And yeah the Beware of the Brothers is just the worst out of them all lmao. Legit. The fl's past-life fiancée was such a fitting candidate to be ml. I don't understand why the author decided to make fl's step-brother the ml instead? And this one is different, they grew up together as siblings, the fl's parents legally adopted fl.

And The Devil? Man. While the ml may have been possessed by the devil or something, weren't they born as twins/siblings? Surely the blood still runs through mc's body even though demon possessed the body. I might be wrong/misinformed because I didn't really bother to read deeper into the story.

Anyways these kinds of stories just make me really uncomfortable, whether they're blood-related, non blood-related. AND THE THING THAT AMPLIFIES THIS IS THE TITLE.

Thanks for coming to my ted talkz

Reply to the Note:
Technically adopted and therefore siblings and therefore non-genetic Incest
Still needs a warning
Adopted siblings are a thing

@rosseforP ok, they make you uncomfortable, so stop reading them and complaining about them. no one cares if you like these type of stories or not, but you're filling the comments with you're irrelevant ass opinion. your kind annoy me. if others like it, just leave them be. i wonder why you're still here if these stories disgust you. seems contradictory.

@ccisneross
Funny because this is the comment section, where I get to share my thoughts and opinions. Unlike you I actually respect others' opinions and don't shit on them with the "irrelevant ass opinion". It's like you are always right and other people's opinions don't matter? I am merely voicing my own opinions.

You know what? You do annoy me as well. Seems hypocritical how you tell me to "leave them be" while I have not shit on anyone's opinions, but you, yourself don't even let me comment my opinions in the comment section? What does it exist for?

I am here because I was expecting a brother-sisterly bond. But of course I will be leaving, don't worry.

Them being not blood-related kinda reminds me of Viridescent Crown teehee. I'm looking forward to how she uses her powers :D!

Is the novel ended? Hows the result?
Is anisa & dietrich romantically bound?
*sorry to ask this*

Bcz, i think, there're always another route, "sibling-hood".
They're caring, loving sibling. So much love, but not in romantically route.

I'm familiar with manga that ended like that 😁

Why is there an influx of step-bro manhwa recently? Feels like that theme should stay in p*rnhub and not come out and be romanticised

If he offs his father (Derek) I don't think anyone would be upset. Man, he's so disrespectful, saying that in front of a kid who lost his mother. She was still his mother. I hope he gets revenge for his mother, even if he's supposed to be a villain. I feel like baby girl will make him not so much of a villain though.

Users who are viewing this thread