The Princess in the Dumpster - Vol. 1 Ch. 30

@aodpds711

The empress said that she likes writing journals and drawing in them, so she probably had a look on what she wrote in the journal about the mother before she met Estrella, which was why she said she will find out more (basically searching in the journal) information and tell Estrella rather than remembering the information.

@stal2walk

Even if she wrote a diary it’s not necessarily that she will constantly or regularly read the content, she might be only rereading it when she wants to remember a particular event or find something out for example. That is especially the case if the diary was written 7 years ago.
She probably has multiple diaries at this point considering the number of years she had been writing so yeah even she rereads her diaries she might have just not checked the one where she wrote about the mother or the pregnancy in past 7 years.

I'm surprised she aint mad that the emperor cheated on her, but nobody's ready to have that conversation 🤧

@linnfoll it is a medieval fantasy, it's not uncommon for a king or emperor to have consorts. she also seems to know estrella's mother (and apparantly knew her enough to know to keep journal entries on her.) so she either was on board with it from the start, doesn't really love the emperor in a romantic sense, or figures the fact she can't remember estrella's mother at all despite writing about her and even drawing a portrait of her is enough to make her unconcerned about the emperor having a consort

Fed-Kun's army
Well for those curious. The reason why the concept of her "diary" wasn't noticed way earlier
was because Estrellas mom and Selina used them together, to help them(Selina and the Emperor) remember things about Estrella and her mother. However, the fact that EVERYTHING would be forgotten about her, to the people outside of her clan was still unavoidable. Also, for those who are commenting on how Selina is acting...
She doesn't remember(yet), but it was Selina who helped Estrellas mother get away from her clan and even convinced(threatened) the Emperor to make her his consort under the pretense of a trade to get her away from them. She's doesn't really have the whole "evil step-mom" thing going expect when people endanger her family or friends. Then she's kind of scary.

@ninetailgumiho wait, you read the raws? So estrella was really the emperor's child? I've read some other spoiler that estrella was actually his brother's daughter. Wtf i cant continue reading this manhwa if she was really his child now i know that the emperor and empress is a real couple. It hurts too much even tho the empress is fine with it.

Fed-Kun's army
@AlthanE Estrella IS the emperors child. The reason he forgot about her, was because of the fact that he forgot about the person who gave birth to Estrella(her mother), so in turn he forgot about Estrellas birth.. It has nothing to do with the Emperor being scummy or being a terrible parent. Estrellas and her mother belonged to a clan that when they die they are forgotten by people outside of that clan, meaning blood wise. That's why that clan is all incesty and shit.

Okay so Estrella is the youngest among the children so was her mother a concubine? Even so I really hate the system of having concubines but I do like the Emperor ....ugh I am confused! But one thing is sure, I absolutely love the Empress!

Fed-Kun's army
Love these two people. I guess I have to start calling him Uncle Emperor now? 🤣

The empress was bizarrely nice to her. I'm also quite shocked that she didn't mention that she wrote about the Mother before now, though it may be that she only looked through her journals after she heard about Estrella. Estrella obviously sees something in her that put her at ease.

Pffffft, I'm not even done with the chapter yet and I already love the Empress xDDD

Users who are viewing this thread