The Queen

The art is magnificent, but the story is... a little too real, ahahahah. Not suitable at all for someone who seeks just romance and fluffy things from a story.

[read up to Vol 2 ch.3] Art is so visually appealing- top notch. There has been a some comments saying that the plot is mediocre at best... I suppose yes and no. Mediocre because it is about life in the Palace; scheming/betrayal. However I am not adverse this because it is the truth. I think the only redemption from labeling this mediocre is the story's multiple twists and turns. Nothing is what it seems! [Ugh! Totally let down, I can't believe I thought the romance was legit *pathetically falls to the ground*]

I confess, at one point I did want to stop reading because the plot showed just how sinister people can be (the sort of feels when I watched Death note) but it is like a car crash; I could not help but keep reading the next chapter and then the next. Yup, the plot will keep you on the edge of your seat -i.e. me: Oh nuu she's dead😩! NO wait she's not🤩, NO wait SHE IS, Hang on wha..Oh for GOD's SAKE! Do you want her alive or not???!😠

I would say... a 8/10 as it has kept me entertained...but I get conflicted on whether I want to keep reading as the plotting makes me tired.

You think the MC has a weak personality and is just lucky to be alive... hmm keep reading.
You think the Emperor is useless? Keep reading.

Super good. But like ima be pissed if she doesnt end up with the snow king. I know the story primarily focuses on the emperor but hes a lil shit

ME:Oh, an update for a manga I'm following. I wonder which one... *Opens it* OH GOD THE EMOTIONS THEY BURN

This manhua really need more recognition! :")
The roller coaster emotion, the beautiful art ❤️❤️❤️

This really has been a gem of a read so far. The art is absolutely beautiful and more importantly the characters are compelling. There is a lot of drama, but isn't the theatric sort, it has meaning and actually has big implications for the characters and the people around them. There is a beautifully done balance between showing the sinister court affairs and building romantic tension. While it's a fantasy setting, what happens and the interactions that take place feel plausible. It's a fun read because it constantly makes you guess at people's motivations and whether they will be friend, foe or something in between.

man this SHIT has been crazy but the plot is actually sooo good.. like it’s not one of those superficial imperial stories, there’s actual depth to the main characters and the obstacles around them, definitely recommend !

This is soooo good. You never know which one is heroine and which one is villain. When you think its gonna be an A, it turn to B. Everything is unexpected yet the story is smooth and make sense. Super recomended😍

Dex-chan lover
This manhua is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing holy crap. I'm not one to read imperial court drama stories (since they tend to be overdramatic or too complicated for my pea brain to follow) but this title is riveting. the art is gorgeous, the characters multi-faceted and complex, and this plot!!! geez louise, it is complicated to be sure but i can't help but want to know more... more conspiracy!! more plotting!!!! more ambiguous romantic sentiments!!!!!! huge recommendation from me 💖

Dex-chan lover
this is good, like verry good compare to most manhua that ive read. i like how the story potrayed the thin line between black and white. but kinda irritated despite the end of the 1st season reveals her true nature and development, the 2nd season somehow keeps her naive personality intact with her in some part.

this is so good, the betrayal, the cunning nature of the people. how far humans are willing to go it's so interesting. This story will break my heart I just know it .

Thank you for updating! You guys are lit! I hope you catch up with the raws soon <3 Season 2 really is so tense but I look forward to MXJ and LZ's relationship development TT^TT

I just discovered this manga and couldn’t put it down. Thank you so much for the beautiful translations! The character development, palace intrigue and storyline is incredible. This is an amazing manga. Thank you for translating this story so we can enjoy it! I also scrolled through the Chinese chapters and usually I can follow the story reading the Chinese but the level is a bit difficult for me. That made me appreciate even more the hard work of the translators. Thank you!!!

Omg these twists and turns are too much for me! I've got to wait till it's finished to keep reading, or I won't be able to handle it lolll. Great story, heart wrenching!

Such a classic! I can never predict what's going to happen. The art remains stunning and the story stays true to so many elements of ancient history 😍😍😍

Double-page supporter
What the heck is this... My heart hurts so much 😭
The execution of the story is so beautiful and very intriguing that you can't hate any. single. character. Exquisitely done story

I'm really impressed ! I thought I was going to read a bad manhua, with no real plot, I have now fell for this story. Everything is unpredictable, and incredible. The art is so beautiful, and everything is coherent ! I'm in love with this story that makes me as excited, as impatient, as sad, as everything you want.

Users who are viewing this thread