The Reincarnated Inferior Magic Swordsman - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - Annihilation

Dex-chan lover
@JJTheWeeb

It really feels like the updates are once a month (since like most manga are monthly updates), since I checked that the raws were ahead like months ago, so it felt like fan TLS were gradually catching up.

I still feel like this entire arc really should have finished like 20 chapters ago. It feels like the manga is covering like a 3-4 pages a chapter out of a 200 page light novel book.

Couldnt u have burned it to smithereens in the first place with some aoe fireball?

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

This mangaka really likes the tell you what you are seeing...

Why doesn’t the girl at least think like a normal person would in such a situation? She’s a weakling who wants to party with the MC so she should’ve felt like a burden and tried to help him! I don’t know how I feel about this manga because it looks to me like she wants to ride on his coattails-as well as sex which doesn’t require her to party with him since she can just be a home wife or something..

I'm reminded of watching Kenshin episodes on Toonami and thinking if they cut out all these scenes of characters explaining what's going on there would probably just be ten minutes of plot per episode.

Dex-chan lover
The girl narrating the battle as if readers are too dumb to tell the simple strat mc is doing lmao
the author really look at readers as if we're dumb af lol but then again the level of braincell required to read and actually like this is abysmally low lol idk

Dex-chan lover
> Esthel, better be a commentator on boxing or any other sports. She just narrating what happen... Hahahaha

@GridLite
the problem is not the author, the author wrote a book so no drawing.
The problem comes from the person who made the manga and was not able to delete some text,
moreover I would even say that the problem comes from the choice of words, because I read both translation starting with the other and even with the drawing I hadn't understood correctly, probably because of the choice of words
In short, this text seems useless, but yet it has an influence on our understanding

I would like to point out that in normal times I would support "flame-scan", because "a pair of 2+" surely have snipe "fathwine" and also "tempest", but that does not prevent them from doing a job that seems better to me on this chapter 29

@Gauvain glad to see somebody who is level headed and insightful in the comments. This manga definitely has its problems, but the author of the story isn't to blame for how it was adapted. If this scene played out with Esther narrating what she saw in the novel, then that would be effective writing; but if that writing is adapted as is to the manga, it is a failure to make use of what manga as a medium offers for storytelling (namely the fact that having pictures means they don't need to narrate actions and scenery in most cases). The fact that the pictures themselves weren't enough to follow the actions with some clarity is also a sign of faulty adaptation. Though with that said, as a weekly manga, it's understandable for these issues to be present (then again, they could be avoided with proper planning in advance from a competent director (or whoever it is on a manga team that coordinates how its adapted)).

Also, I completely agree that this translation is the better one.
Though I don't really see a problem with scan sniping, since
1. The groups still put in work and effort to do their own translation, cleaning, and typesetting (assuming there isn't any stealing going on between groups), and
2. Having multiple translations/interpretations can give a reader a clearer understanding of the meaning of the text in its original language (at least if the reader is willing to read a chapter multiple times).

Users who are viewing this thread