The Reincarnated "Sword Saint" Wants to Take It Easy - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - In Order To Get Stronger

Group Leader
I'm going to take revenge and I don't need a bodyguard. But I don't mind you tagging along... Because you know... I'm weak as fuck and I need you to obliterate them for me. Omegalul.

Fed-Kun's army
PepeLaugh "I want to help"

Literally could not be weaker and more in the way

Just let her die, not even understanding the difference in skill and experience but still naively believe anything is possible without spending time on it.

She is basically trying to be in life or death ituations like a lone swordswoman to quickly up her skills. But is forgetting about the various people still waiting and dependent on her.
This is one of my pet peeves with all those other wuxia novels where the MC is always going it doesn't matter if he/she dies while having a whole family being supported on their shoulders.
Run away if you're weak and find support to wade through it. The only thing she is doing right is praticing like mad to grow stronger.

Contributor
I wish her mysterious friend were the feMC instead.
The princess is too stuck up to her childish ideals and muh revenge.

She needs to follow her dad and an hero immediately to salvage the series.

Dex-chan lover
Well, yeah... you don't simply just go along your merry way after you father gets killed in front of you, right?
Unless you hate him to the guts.

Right..?

Plot twist, that was actually the mc cuz mc reincarnated and that was his past reincarnation. Mc killed the dad for training his sword skills. Mc later died cuz plot and now he’s atoning for his sins by protecting the dude’s daughter.

50 cents says the protagonist kills the dude she wanted to kill because blah blah trust your friends blah blah also gotta agree do like Aria more then the boring princess i cant even remember her name

The problem with this story is that yes, the girl is stupid, yes the girl is weak, and above all she's in the wrong. But this manga doesn't want to acknowledge that. It has this lackluster main character act this way without trying to make a point about it. There is no cause and effect in this manga whatsoever, and if something is stated it might very well have no purpose whatsoever.

It is a strong believer of "tell don't show" and it's constantly trying to tell you how to interpret something without actually letting anything sink in. If the MC's so smart, why is he letting Iris do so much junk?

He tells any kind of exposition to us in the form of long-winded thought bubbles riddled with statements that we could have just deduced ourselves. He's the very definition of a blank slate without any personality whose only purpose is to be over-powered.

I wasn't expecting much from this manga, but I haven't read anything this bad in a while. Might keep reading from time-to-time just for the artwork.

Users who are viewing this thread