The Reincarnated "Sword Saint" Wants to Take It Easy - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - In Order To Get Stronger

Dex-chan lover
So not only is she stubborn as hell she is as dumb as a rock too. She wants to get revenge on a group of extremely strong swordsmen while she is weak as hell and thinks rushing to them is the way to go about it. I think it would be better for her to suffer greatly so she snaps out of her delusion so she can face reality.

@Akera93 nothing wrong with seeking good ideals, the problems would be the potentially destructive executions of them if not considered enough.

@TNT261
Revenge was how social-groups protected itself as well as upheld group cohesion before modern law. Knowing that provoking someone can result in retaliation is a check on unwarranted aggression between groups. Within a group revenge could be seen as restoring status quo or righting a wrong within the community. Modern law is supposed to supplant the need for an individual to take action, however you can see in many cases where the government fails to pursue justice eventually people get angry enough to take matters into their own hands.

In this case she's basically been marked by her father's killer, and it doesn't look like the people in charge can do much about it besides giving her a bodyguard, so she believes she has to take matters into her own hands. I don't think there's any way for her to move on knowing that her father's killer can just come back at any time and kill her.

Dex-chan lover
Mc slowly turning into Palpatine over here

It is only natural. He cut off your arm, and you wanted revenge. It wasn't the first time, Anakin. Remember what you told me about your mother and the Sand People?

le3

Dex-chan lover
I love how typical shounen protagonist Iris is. Complete with death of parent!

Thanks for the good laugh @gregger 🤣

Dex-chan lover
the assassin who killed her dad is definitely the old psycho assassin but it just feels so small. the entire story is so small with the main enemy not being a kingdom or an organization or an army or anything just a small group of psychopaths who are dropping like flies.

Dex-chan lover
Good. A well-planned, well-executed revenge will satisfy your soul, no matter what everybody else says.

she want to be a protector? so... a soldier? law enforcement? security? condom?

I smell stupidity repeated over and over again in the future story...

"you spin me right round, baby right round like a record, baby right round, round, round"

Dex-chan lover
@jimmyclear
Revenge is one thing, but she also has to think about what she will do with her life between and after the deed is done.

No need to throw away everything for it.

Users who are viewing this thread