The Return of Elena the Knight - Ch. 3

I was so sad that I finish the other 2 chapters then I reloaded the page and saw 2 more thank you so much love you translation team 🤍

Okay, so that went as I thought. He DID think that she was a man at first.
And it seems like it was his own mother (or stepmother even) that plotted his assassination.

ok but the prophecies said the person who marries the crown prince will lead a life full of solitude and misery and this gurl didnt think dat dat also means her fam gonna be executed n she will end up miserable again as per last life?????? liek gurlll i think u just cursed urself and ur family again with that stupid proposal

sighhhhhh what is dis story full of loopholes ayyy

That was a weird and confusing convo between the Prince and Elena when she introduced herself. :/

For one, how can she be part of a knight order? Since she went back in time I do not think she actually belongs to any order, though I suppose for simplicity's sake - and to avoid the awkward situation of having to explain her unique circumstances - she could have just counted herself as part of her family's knighthood .
For two, and to make my first problem even more perplexing, how could the Crown Prince have known her name just by hearing which order she supposedly belonged to? Does he also have memories from the first timeline? But if so, why didn't he remember when and how he was assassinated?

Well, my best guess at this point: Elena fibbed about being a knight in an order to give a plausible explanation for her skills, and I think the Prince might really remember just possibly didn't have any/much time to prepare because the time reset happened to too soon before the assassination attempt. After checking the same scene in the novel version , I'm getting the impression that when Elena said that she was of the Fourth Order of Knights she simply meant she was from the family that was the commander of it, and the Crown Prince recognizing her might have had something to do with his dragon abilities. But the novel is not much clearer, so...

Seriously, while I generally enjoy this manhwa very much, the way the story is presented to us is way too full of unnecessary plot holes sometimes o_O

Dex-chan lover
@cookie_honey : Wouldn't surprise me if the 'twist' is that her first life was part of the prophecy.
She lived a life of solitude and died a horrible death (failed to get her revenge)
And since he died young last time, she would be his first wife.

Keikaku doori.

Users who are viewing this thread