The Ride-On King - Vol. 6 Ch. 28 - The President and the Legendary Island

What a nice one 100th comment here to give this good manga a praise

SUCH A GOOOOOD MANGA

@YuriIsTooLewd
Yeah I agree with you. The interaction he had with the turtle felt very off. Maybe the author just wants to reverse expectations and forced this dumb moralistic standpoint in it to justify our MC to beat it up.

Dex-chan lover
Not-Putin is the embodiment of raw sexual power. Harnessing it through that lower body strength...

@YuriIsTooLewd
Agreed. It's pretty self-righteous on the author's part. What he's saying isn't exactly wrong but it was executed poorly because the author wanted to have his cake and eat it with the OP slapstick stuff. A proper consequence would be a level-headed rebuttal without threatening any lives with the Zaratan gaining newfound respect for Putin

Dex-chan lover
putin is still 1 of the best main characters in isekai stories .

because the rock turtle has a "thick skin" , so putin cant use simple words , but he has to use his fists to teach the turtle a lesson , lol .

thickskin : A coarse, gross person; a person void of sensibility or sensitiveness; a dullard.

thick-skinned : Insensitive to the feelings of others; callous.

So there is someone literally still thinking they understanding a manga more than author it self ?

@realone Oh, it's worse than that. They don't just understand the author better than the author; they understand life bettee than life.

The rest of us all are basically morons so they must teach us their superior morals. Of all place, here in the comment section.

Did he just trepan a giant turtle and then make it ahegao by smacking it's exposed brain with his dummy thiccness?

I hope the follow-up chapter will elaborate more on this, but for now I think the intent of the author was to express that the MC isn't just some block-headed guru and that when it comes to threats against his home-country he's more than willing to settle the matter bluntly. Shooting it in the head seems extreme, but tortoise (and turtle) brains are small relative to their skull so I wouldn't be surprised if that vacant space was taken into account when he penetrated it. Yeah it's some pretty aggressive diplomacy, but I don't think it's been taken beyond reason yet.

Dex-chan lover
@OnlyTruth I think what Yuriistoolewd trying to say is that they're pretty much threatening each other here, and Buff Putin has no right to lecture anyone when he's doing something similar.

To put it simply, uh..... there is no moral high ground on MC's side. There's only power. This isn't friendship, this is submission by force.

RXD

Oh yeah btw I forgot to reply, the turtle didn't really bluff anything, just look at his behaviour before saying that

@RXD uh, the Turtle was not even know where his country position you know.
and the story so far showing that this Turtle is some kind of a protector, that protects the lives of sea dragon. I can't imagine a creature that spent his lives to protect would started to massacred an entire country with no particular reason.
so it's obvious that the Turtle was just bluffing here, trying to test this unknown guy that have absurd amounts of power that suddenly appeared in his territory. Imo this Turtle as a protector in his territory has the right to examine, to test the MC. It's kinda like suddenly your country found a warship fully loaded with a nuke in their territory without permission.

Users who are viewing this thread