The Ride-On King

Aggregator gang
@ninjadork
Actually he's pretty much entirely Propaganda Putin. Not the real nasty KGB guy, sure, but what the spokesperson-departments try to sell him as being, damn close!

This is probably one of the best isekai mangas out there. I only wish that this is updated regularly *Faster I mean. T^T
P.S. Female knight, I hope you meet Orc King...

Aggregator gang
It's pretty amazing that the author manages to turn stale internet memes and Russian propaganda (not to mention the shitty isekai genre) into something this funny, but it lacks tension and variety so far. I can't imagine this staying funny for long. Throwing that zombie dragon may already be this series' shark jump.

Aggregator gang
@Evandel
I didn't mean that this manga is propaganda, but the Putin in this manga is quite obviously based on the way Putin is portrayed in Russian propaganda, rather than the corrupt and dictatorial ex-KGB with control of Russian media outlets that he is. That and internet memes. The author takes those ludicrous images, and turns it into a surprisingly fun manga. Manga based heavily on internet memes don't tend to be very funny, but the author is surprisingly versatile, given that he's focused on modern martial arts manga so far.
And please, learn what schizophrenia is before you attempt to diagnose people with it online.

@boldmonkey "Other symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, hearing voices that do not exist, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and lack of motivation." (wikipedia)
I know what i wrote. You just seemed pretty delusional.

Aggregator gang
@Evandel
I know that you know what you wrote, but you still don't know what it means. Well, whatever, it's not my responsibility to teach you this stuff, thankfully.

@boldmonkey According to Carver et al. (1989), denial coping occurs when individuals report the “refusal that a stressor exists or the attempt to act as though the stressor is not real”. On the other hand, Carver and colleagues, define acceptance coping as “accepting that a difficult situation is real and must be addressed.

I have yet to read this but after reading the title and its description I couldn't help but imagine a muscular ass#o73 running round mounting things, people and whatever goin' giddyup!!

Dex-chan lover
TIL this is the same mangaka as Karate Shoukushi

I feel weird about this, what a genre change

This manga is a very interesting cultural crossover. Its the mix of how the media portray the president with the author own perception. For an isekai with such unique premise, it has an excellent detailed art and funny characters really put it on the upper echelon of isekais. I recommend this to anyone who like isekai but dislike the usual harem.

Despite the memetastic concept this has finely detailed art, a protagonist who isn't an edgy shithead or empty vessel (whatever you might want to say about the character concept 'a dictator who wishes he could give up his power to play with animals' is definitely not old hat for manga), and a fairly low fantasy setting that relies on the artist's expertise drawing martial arts instead of inventing vast reams of fiat magical powers the author tries to pretend are clever.

The plot is pretty small-scale so far and none of the characters have had any kind of personal arc so I don't know if I'd actually call it well-written but if you just like reading novel twists on a genre that tends to be incredibly rote it's a treat.

One of the greatest things i've read.

Reading this a second time cause I can't get enough.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I first thought it was a meme at first due to the character design of Purcinov, but it surprisingly turned out well. I found it really good just from the fact that it doesn't try to dwell on the characters too much and just try to go along a linear storyline, something that most authors try to avoid by creating endless loops focusing on character arcs. Despite its linearity, it is very well-executed to the point that it's just pure fun reading it. Coupled with the amazing art, it is something I would recommend even for haters of the genre.

Users who are viewing this thread