The Ride-On King

@ Wilhelm_Stenvall
Fascism is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society
it is you that doesn't know what facism is dumbass. the only criterion anyone could argue that he doesn't meet is ultranationalism. which was said in the comment. maybe do even the barest minimum of research on the meaning of words first.

@BirchJuice
I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. the first part of your comment says one thing. the last another.

Dex-chan lover
>My post: >Everything but the fascist part is correct if we are talking about Putin, while he is not a fascist there is indeed nationalist or fascist or orthodox fascist rhetoric supported (promoted, tolerated, financed) by the government, it is simply propaganda for the gullible. Russian TV: Tl;dr.: Evil west is trying to keep us down, Russia and Putin strong and righteous.

>your original post: >varrock1 Putin is fashist (or meets a disturbing number of criteria for it). kills/attempts to kill/jails opposition leaders and any other form of opposition. stuffs ballot boxes etc. I suppose you might argue that he doesn't foment ultranationalism (at least to my knowledge) and by that measure isn't facist, but he is an oppressive dictator.
this series sounds hilarious tho, and I might have to try it

@Balancegrim:
Let us clarify what a dictatorship is and what fascism is: I cannot be arsed. Read it up again, there are differences and similarities, there are dictatorships with different kind of ideologies (yeah they all kill, oppress and so on). Most points you listed also apply for any dictatorship. Look at Stalin, he wasn't a fascist, but he did a lot of similar things and was just as devastating, dictatorships do a lot of the same things. Soo...

While Putin is a dictator (and I want him gone) and he does indeed rule, he still is not the government, he is the head of the government, and he most certainly is not a fascist, BUT, contradictory as it is, the russian government does support similar (nationalist. extremist orthodox and so on) or outright fascist rhetoric under his rule, so he most likely is okay with that or even ordered such a thing, but I doubt he believes that drivel, he is far to intelligent to believe such nonsense. Do I know what he is thinking? Can I peek into his head? Nah.

There are some nutcases but most likely only a minority of the Duma politicians truly believe fascist or nationalist drivel, but the masses get fed "pig feed" aka shit tier propaganda via TV and there are some puppet clowns, it is a sad shit show. See Zhirinovsky and other garbage.

Let's say I promote unicorn hate or hate of unicorns ""for the greater good"", whatever that means. I can do just that without believing any part of it. :D
Tl;dr: He is not a fascist, but the government partly supports similar rhetoric, I cannot be arsed to write a roman novel as a reply, and he is a dictator and does "dictator things". A comparison would be an atheist pastor. :D

Edit: Scratch that, Let's just say he does rule since... He actually does, I mean he is indeed a dictator with support by his oligarch friends (&%$! em all), let's say he ordered all this "fascist" or nationalist and so on stuff (mostly propaganda plus different levels of support for rightwing/orthodox rightwing/nationalist/right leaning paramiltary organizations, I cannot be arsed to write a whole blog so...), I doubt he believes it, so he is technically a fascist while probably not believing it? Reality is complex. I'd still say he is not a fascist....

E2: Links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Zhirinovsky
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fascism
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dictator
See google for more - duh

@BirchJuice
I do agree that the government is dictatorial. but most faschist governments are also dictatorial. but the reverse is not true I concede.
Even in the links you provided (and had already looked up before) fascism is a (at least partly) nebulous umbrella. I am less aware of the ammount Putin or his allies promote ultranationalist rhetoric (as a campaign tool/propaganda), so I will defer to you on that (I somewhat ommitted it in my judgement before and only really knew about him weaponizing it to harm the sociey and elections of other nations). However even if he doesn't believe it if he supports, promotes, and uses it himself the difference could be considered inconsequential to actually believing it.

I would say that I would classify him as a dictator with fascist tendencies (as was in my first post, I think we actually agree) but it's iffy whether he is a full on fascist. my first post was in reference to another much earlier on which may have been deleted

but most use the term as a substitute for "bully" or "violent dictator" and with this layman definition he definitely fits

Dex-chan lover
@Balancegrim:
>I do agree that the government is dictatorial. but most faschist governments are also dictatorial. but the reverse is not true I concede.
Yep, pretty much.

Yeah, from the last post I replied to I could see that you basically quoted wikipedia. ^^
And I have to say: I have never heard Putin using fascist rhetoric and I doubt he ever did, but you get the gist of what I mean by support if you read or skim the Zhrinovsky Wikipedia page - he is a politician of the controlled opposition enabled by Putin (or Putins regime, whatever).

To add on the right wing orthodox organizations: There were cases where orthodox extremists beat protesters of the opposition and where they beat gay rights activists right in front of the police, the police was ordered to look away.
DW is german state media: https://www.dw.com/en/german-politician-beaten-by-russian-neo-nazis/a-2034254
https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/moscow-gay-rights-protest-russian-nationalists-attack-gays-right-said-fred-and-a-german-politician-a-485262.html

Just as an example... The current head Kyrill of the Orthodox Church in Russia is also a &%$! thug installed by Putin. I cannot be arsed to find a good source for the Orthodox right Wing stuff funded by the government but there is lots of stuff, some organizations are similar to the race war Nazi crap ones in the USA, with weapons and Symbols and shite.

Note that the Orthodox Church is not the problem, the extremists, the government meddling and the right wing garbage, which is party supported by the government, is the problem.

E: The Zhirnovsky stuff is... Well...:
>Deport Ukrainians and Turks
>Rape journalists asking hard questions
>Bomb and kill our enemies
>Kill or deport opposition
>Everything should be annexed and speak Russian
>Condoleezza Rice needs a good raping, also because she is black, one of our barracks could take care of that
Trump is harmless compared to this cretin

E2: Fun fact: Putins rise started in the KGB, basically the Russian secret Service, he knows how to obliterate his enemies every imaginable way possible. He was deployed in soviet Germany aka east Germany....
Embrace the pain: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zersetzung <-- this stuff is really &/%ing brutal

Dex-chan lover
New reply so that the post does not get canned due to edit wars rule:
>I somewhat ommitted it in my judgement before and only really knew about him weaponizing it to harm the sociey and elections of other nations
You have to search for the sources yourself if you are interested but it's in the open, Russia does fund opposition in the west, but I do not remember if it was only right wing opposition. The goal is obviously to destabilize and to change public opinion (a bit). Note they are obviously hardly the only sponsor, most likely a majority of the funds is of domestic origin of the respective countries, but this would take ages to discuss... And it would take ages to gather all the info/data needed...

E: Russian propaganda TV is worse than Fox"News", and "Zersetzung" and similar shit is even worse, beyond disgusting, makes my stomach churn. Reality is pain, maybe I should start evicting my liver, after all I am a slav :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK7l55ZOVIc

@Asphyx1a not quite there yet, but you can read Mein Kampf - the manga, if you insist o.o. (Note: not sure whether it was the translation or the length of it, but the manga didn't leave much impression on me, neither negative, nor positive, nor anything because, well, it really just didn't leave any trace in my memory other than "I've read that one weird manga" xD)

Edit: and if you want to read a Hitler satire, then I'd recommend Look Who's Back - which is basically Hitler time travelling (but it's a book, not a manga xD).

Dex-chan lover
I come back after a couple months gone to let chapters accumulate and whats the first thing i see ? Purchinov riding a fucking mimic, git gud.

Users who are viewing this thread