The Rise of the Unemployed Wise Man - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

@Tsuki09 Yeah, that was...the entire point of my comment, lol. I covered all of that already, I'm not praising them at all.

I can't believe any of them were regarded "best" of anything if they're so useless against the undead. Like, apparently a necromancer is at least not terribly rare in this world (considering that Karna was hired by the ninja girl) so it seems inconceivable that the "hero team" would never have been hired to take down the undead. Like, who else would the public think is better equipped to deal with the undead than the hero party?

Taking out the undead seems to me like a natural part of a checklist before you're praised for being the "best in your class" type of deal. A "divine" fighter of martial arts is...literally not divine enough to take out undead? A holy knight is not holy enough or aware of holy items enough to take them out herself? The hero is just plain thinking with his dick so his status doesn't really matter. Just seems unnecessarily nerfed in all types of ways.

Part of me hopes the MC recruits the Assassin to his team since it seems she's way MORE capable than anyone on that hero team and probably useful to have around as an underling.

@AFresherPerspective Hey dumbass, do those "heroes" really seem that threatening to you? Him killing them would be like killing a kitten because it scratched you. Use your brain next time dipshit.

@LikeASkurn I mean someone out there probably thinks you are living trash, but that doesn't make it right to kill you for it.

Contributor
I mean I know what the author is going for but the numbskull naivety of the hero's party is sort of painfully overdone. They're so painfully obviously meant to be foils for the protagonist that it sucks some of the fun out of things.

(To be clear, there's nothing wrong with having foil characters in principle; but it feels like these folk's only purpose in life is to be looked down upon)

Dex-chan lover
@kursedkaiju Clearly you aren’t thinking this through, it doesn’t matter how small the problem/threat is, you see it you deal with it immediately and with extreme caution, having weeds like them growing into something far worse will be a pain in the long run

It’s better to deal with them now and not later, when they could bring even more people or even the Royal army there.

Dex-chan lover
@kursedkaiju If being extremely cautious and logical is considered psychotic, then I’m absolutely insane.

It’s better than being dead by the problem I didn’t prepare to solve.

Contributor
@xtheconman .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- ... -.- .. -. --. / .. ..-. / - .... .. ... / -- .- -. --. .- / .... .- ...- . / .-- . -... -. --- ...- . .-.. / - .... .- -. / .. / -... . .-.. .. . ...- . / .. - / -.. --- . ... -. .----. - / .... .- ...- . / --- -. . 😌

ah yes, let's kill our ally then waste our energy reviving them when we could have just... not?

Fed-Kun's army
Damm, she's so weak for a hero and that stupid paladin! "So what if she dies, i can just resurrect her." Was probably what she was thinking. This hero party can't really be the trump card for humanity. I bet our boi Karna is the true trump card, but the so called hero had to throw him out.

Users who are viewing this thread