The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 15 Ch. 60 - United Front

Dex-chan lover
@kohpi

The real problem is that people go through 4-5 years of manga in a weekend, and suddenly expect perfect resolution every month, ignoring just how many times they read an arc that took 4-8 chapters to satisfyingly finish as they caught up.

To everyone else: If you’re bitching every month, stop reading for a year. You’ll probably enjoy this manga way more.

Contributor
@womangadex agree, i dont know what happened, i started reading a year before the anime was released, but ive gradually started to dislike reading this. it's... boring.

The guys trying to destroy the world to save theirs say that killing innocents is bad. Quality writing right here.

@sifr it’s probably more like the book vassal is going against something like a war pact. Sure there’re ways to win a war quickly, but are they morally right. They’ve only attacked areas where the Waves are spawning but this guy has been pretty much rampaging around outside of the Waves. Think about it too, the Waves on a Timer means they can actually evacuate civilians before the fight starts.

Dex-chan lover
@Blindreaper The end goal is to destroy the other world. Evacuating civilians during a wave won't stop them from dying when their world eventually collapses. It's like the difference between a ground war and nukes. Neither option is good or right.

Nod

@Blindreaper I get what you're saying, but following war pacts like the geneva convention only make sense when the end goal of the conflict isn't the complete and utter annihilation of the other side. There's little point getting moraley persnickety about using, say chemical weapons over and an infantry invasion, if your objective is to murder every last man, woman, and child on the opposing side either way. The waves will destroy the entire planet unless a world has heroes to fight them. That's the whole point of the heroes being there. When L'arc and co. Tried to assassinate the 4 heroes during the waves they were still going to cause the deaths of every innocent civilian on the planet if they succeeded.

Now it would be one thing if L'arc and co didn't know this. Characters are of course allowed to be more ignorant to the repercussions of their actions. But they made it pretty clear that they knew they were going to destroy Naofumi's world to save their own, and that's what smacks of a blunder in the writing.

Dex-chan lover
@nino103106 No. All in all I have read few LNs.

@Yautja That's also one of the problems. If things don't change, they stagnate. Of course Bakuman taught us about the problems in the Japanese entertainment industry in general, so it's to be expected.

@Kohpi Do you often read manga with your grandchildren?

Dex-chan lover
Want to destroy a whole world...complain about killing civilians. 😰

I just can't understand the people, who are defending this story against people, that complain, that this chapter was absolute crap. This chapter is horrible. And the story had a significant drop in quality. The storytelling was much better before. The enemy heros are making a turn to better them selves in the eyes of the readers. Surly this could have been expected and isn't unthinkable. It would make a good turning point in the over-spanning "Save the world against the waves"-arc, but damn...this was badly executed.

They already gave their two cents about destroying a world to save theirs, but now the flipped their minds 180° about this matter and the author wants the readers to accept that without questions. They didn't show must disguest about their own deeds before. There wasn't a shadow of doubt before, if I remember correctly. Maybe they felt a bit sorry for betraying the MC+gang before, but that's it. Lady china dress+handfans seemed to be thrilled at destroying that other world, when she first appeared. And now they help to save it for BS reasons.

Decisions, that feel stereotypical, stupid and empty, popped up. And those defy logic and emotional depth, which in turn makes it too obvious, that the poor, affected characters make those decisions so the author can steer the plot into a direction. The story flow feels forced instead natural and that is the difference to the previous arcs imho.

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix
I'd say its a matter of dignity and humane behaviour
For all they may know, world that gets voided ceases to exist the moment the heroes get wiped, no suffering, no anguish, just one second you are and then in next you aren't

The book guy waltzes around fucking up entire continents, bringing suffering and pain and grieving way for no reason other than just for the lulz of it. It's like halal meat versus normal meat. Both provide you with something you find necessary at a price of animal's life, but one of them seems more evil and disgusting than the other.

Lezard Valeth is that you 😄😄
Aaaand sorry to say but from the first moment we were introduced to Ost, I already know that SHE is the real turtle 🤔🤔🤔 just how long this arc will continue, very boring 😩

@Nod yes, losing to the Waves would mean annihilation of the world and thus civilians. But that’s if you lose to the Waves, the waves themselves are giving Naofumi a chance to defend the world. The war is between Combatants, soldiers/monsters and the heroes. Civilian Non combatants play no direct part in the fighting and are mainly affected by the result of it. The Waves are like Duels, we prepare the location and time that they ask And have the destruction contained there. During the fight, spectators are not harmed. If you win, nothing happens to the rest. But if you lose, then the spectators are affected. This guy is killing non combatants who may not have to die if Naofumi’s side wins. Which is going against how they’ve been invading. Yes, they’re invading to protect their world, but they seem to also be trying to give Naofumi’s side a chance to protect theirs

Users who are viewing this thread