The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 18 Ch. 71 - Celestial Maiden Rescue Operation

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to see them all burn alive, but having their eardrums ruptured and their mind absolutely fucked is acceptable.

Dex-chan lover
"by a Moronic son of a noble" for a moment there I read something else. I guess I'm still angry about the last chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan
No, majority of his shields are sealed right now (including the wraith shield). Plus, his level got reset to level one in this world, so his options are VERY limited no matter how mad he currently is.

forget if they showed it in the manga but they level up by crystals mainly around now, it affects them differently so thats how they kinda power level without fighting to much.

@Stalkerman
Priority was locating Filo, and remember that the Hero's can't use any "weapon" other than what they have. Naofumi can use a knife to cook but not to kill people for example. Rishia wouldn't do it (and Naofumi wouldn't force her to). I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a "throat-cutter shield"... and there's a good chance that attacking would remove the stealth buff anyway (causing the enemy to find them before they rescued Filo rather than after).
Not just that: indescriminate murder has never been Naofumi's thing. Wrath and vengeance when he knows he can go for it, sure, but what seperates him from Sword for example is that he properly thinks things through and considers the people in the world to be actual people rather than unimportant NPCs, it's part of why he hates "trash" and "bitch" so much for not only how they treated him but others in their own world all for selfish reasons; and those two are good examples of people he could have killed but did not for reasons. Naofumi's anger and pain has made him extremely untrusting, bitter, and prone to violent reactions; but not evil or stupid (maybe it's different in the novels, I wouldn't know). At least that's been how I see the character.

This is funny because a few days ago I read this chapter in the LN form. When I was reading this chapter in LN, I was wondering how'd Nue Shield looks like in the manga. Hell yeah, the Night Terror's coming!!

Dex-chan lover
I assume Filo trusted some humans for food and got captured cause she is far too strong to be captured with violent methods

OH YEAH LET'S GO!! RAGE NAOFUMI IS THE BEST KIND OF NAOFUMI

If anyone thinks Naofumi is going to kill anyone, don't get your hopes up.
He's the MC, and MCs can never be depicted doing bad things. No matter what happens to him or his companions, most he could do is giving enemies some illusion of killing them.
Authors have their creative freedom restricted nowadays, that's just how it is.

I mean Rhapthalia killed her old slavermaster that tortured her and her friend soooo that point is void?
Chapter 22 for reference

@Melchiz technically Best Tanuki Girl is not the MC, though. I'm convinced Naofumi himself won't kill anyone, no matter who they are and what dangers they present by keeping them alive. Like any PG-16 story hero.

Users who are viewing this thread