The Role of the Villainess Is No More! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
@GhostDevil @I_need_a_break she appears to in fact be the Duke's child. Either she was acting as 'Duchess' due to the death of the Duke's wife (in the same manner that daughters of a widowed president have served as first lady a few times in US history), or this is a mistranslation.

Dex-chan lover
Uuhhh her villainess history doesn't really.... How did it preced her so much
Many thanks

@pokperson1000 that's what I'm saying I was confused when it said chapter 2 because it'd been so long that I figured at least one more had come out in all that time lol

Dex-chan lover
I didn't even remember this story untill like half way through the chapter. kkkk

that wolf dude is probably the ml, but i hope that the mc doesn't fall for him like in just a few chapters. Lmao this is just what i personally want because his character is kind of annoying ‐ idk why i find him annoying tho

Thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
Wow a heroine that acknowledges she took the ML from the villianess

...having seen the raws, a lot of these lines are translated weird. A couple examples:

A "She has the right to speak out for herself."
B "Only me, his highness Leon's fiance."
C "No one else can do it."

Granted the positioning of these word bubbles are a little weird, but given the context A→B are more like a continuous statement. In JP it is:

A あの方に口を出す権利があるのは
B レオン殿下の婚約者である私だけ
C 他の誰も手出しは無用ですわ

Roughly translates to:

A "The only one with the right to reprimand that person"
B "is me, his highness Leon's fiancee."
C "There is no need for others to meddle (in our affairs)!" ← Basically telling them to butt out.

Some other lines stood out to me as well, like

Can you not see because of the pain?
痛みで眠らないのか → Can you not SLEEP because of the pain?
(this one might just be typo?)

Please don't mind it. Didn't you know the flogging?
気にしないでください。鞭打ちなんて知らなかったでしょう? → Please don't mind it. You didn't know about the flogging, right?

I'll agree as long as you keep it a secret from Prince Leon about me quitting as a noble.
私が令嬢をやめたがっていたことをレオン殿下に秘密にしていただけるのなら → As long as you agree to keep it a secret from his highness Leon that I wanted to stop being a noble. (implying acceptance)

(In which she is previously praised by Zack)
I won't do the same things to the knights.
騎士団の皆様のようにはいきませんね → (roughly, with liberties) I would be incomparable to the rest of your esteemed knights though.

Not here to ruin fun or challenge the group or anything, it's just mistranslations can distort whole storylines and characters. It's a pretty heavy responsibility to accurately convey the author's intention if you think about it. If translator group reads the comments then I would humbly like to ask for another round of QC or checking the translation accuracy in general. A few hiccups would probably be okay and accepted in general as it's understandable translation is hard. But I felt like there were a few too many here to overlook this time.

Genuinely speaking out of concern and not wanting to upset anyone. I'm sorry if I do. 😨

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the update Real Crown scans!

It's hilarious how the head maid got punished right away

Dex-chan lover
I hate that knight for some reason, hopefully MC won't end up together with him.

@arashi-chan12 Good day. This is one of the translators of the chapter. I really appreciate your feedback with the chapter and pointing out points of improvement. This has been raised with the members of the team.

yeay yeay thank you for continuing to work on this manga
i started feeling desperate by reading the raw and just look at the pic
thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread