The Role of the Villainess Is No More! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Really hope we don’t have to wait months for more, I really a enjoy this so far and curious where it will go. Sure seems very unfair to the Mc everything she has had to do and doesn’t even really get anything for it.

I cannot WAIT to see what the queen wants to talk about!!!
(I mean, I can, but I’ll be a lil sad if it takes another 4 months)

Contributor
Thank you for your hard work!

On page 9, Wolff refers to Lefina's former position as a "Baron's daughter," but in the previous chapter it was "Duke's daughter." Any reason for that?

The translation is... not good... but it's not like I'm exactly volunteering so it's better than nothing.

About the story itself
- Is it really that easy for a Duke's daughter to get demoted to maid status?
- Why would she become a maid in the same castle where her former fiance lives instead of a hundred other manors out there?
- Why would the queen not call the head maid in and reprimand or fire her in private instead of creating a big scene?
- Why do people think the fiance-stealing girl is "lovely and kind" when a "lovely and kind" heroine wouldn't steal another girl's man?

@AnimefangirlX

- Is it really that easy for a Duke's daughter to get demoted to maid status?
It seemed like her father was in on it. Either he cooperated, because he wanted to rid himself of the shame she was bringing upon the household, or maybe this is some sort of ploy he worked out with the king to discipline his daughter and the demotion isn't permanent.
Well... Maybe he just didn't bother defending his daughter (for the Xth time) and without any backing, her position could be entirely worthless since she isn't established as the type to have made friends (before getting isekai'd).

- Why would she become a maid in the same castle where her former fiance lives instead of a hundred other manors out there?
Because she was pretty much sentenced to Social Service and why would she not serve the one she had offended in order to repent? There were real civilizations that believed that making a murderer into the slave of the closest relative of the person murdered a good idea and just... Because it would make up for the loss of labor force that bereaved family suffered due to the murder... (a murdered family member might doom the entire family to starvation, so it sorta made sense given the time and circumstances)
This "plot hole" can easily be handwaved away with religion, philosophy or just slightly different morals and ethics as a justification.

- Why would the queen not call the head maid in and reprimand or fire her in private instead of creating a big scene?
So the queen can make a big show of the royal family being fair and lawful. (Despite acting as judge, jury and executioner at the same time)

- Why do people think the fiance-stealing girl is "lovely and kind" when a "lovely and kind" heroine wouldn't steal another girl's man?
Because the protagonist is firmly established as a villainess. Though not shown, her treating many others horribly seems to be common knowledge. It's likely that public consensus would be "That **** had it coming!"...

You're making a stronger defense of the series than the author bothered to do. Unless the world will be fleshed out better later in the story/web novel, I'm going to put it down to terrible writing.

The heroine/villainess thing is poorly explained. Sure she bullied the heroine, but was it because the heroine kept tangling with her fiancé or did she randomly start targeting her to push them together?

Fed-Kun's army
YEAAAH SHE HAS MOVES!!! ALRIGHT!!!

thank you for the update! i'm interested to see what the queen wants... that head maid just went OFF THE RAILS, holy shit

Being friends with the lady who took your fiancé away or the lady who harassed you previously, what a big heart they have 😂

Users who are viewing this thread