The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 15 Ch. 43 - Preparation to Move Forward III

Dex-chan lover
It's just paratrooper with further steps... But they not using parachute nor their not walking either

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous IKR! They almost look villainous. Imagine being the opposing side being overwhelmed by enemies with those coats and gas-masks carrying shovels on their backs. Gotta be scary as fuck!

This is the reason I will never watch the Anime again. How can you defeat this badassness?

Dex-chan lover
Human cannonballs? Human cannonballs!!
They shall. Rain down from the sky and devastate the enemies.

@maffo666
I was talking more about the ending of the actual story. Had a friend who told me he read it a long while back and i just told him to spoil it for me but he wasnt a 100% when he told me so i just wanted confirmation of what i was told.

now this manga is wonderful, im getting the chills reading it..!!im so excited XD

Fed-Kun's army
*laughs in kaiten torpedoes

no, really, the anime didn't do this scene any justice, can't wait for next chapter, it's going to be GLORIOUS

PoH

Has anyone from 203 died? I guess a bunch of faceless rookie and the lower ranked soldier got injured/died, but all of the squad leader is still alive.

Fed-Kun's army
@PoH I think several died, but members that lead the small platoon in the wings are all alive.
That said even the grunts would be considered as Ace in other wings so they're not likely to die under normal circumstances, most likely only a few of them die.

Fed-Kun's army
I love how Visha is depicted with her trusty shovel even on page 18 in the panel showing the lieutenants of the original 203rd Wind training the recruits.

Dex-chan lover
@PoH @Mick96 I don't think anyone who went through her training fully have died. I think the only casualties are the add-on squads

Contributor
A couple rookies died during the training, Tanya was reporting that to the local commander (I think that colonel she often crosses paths with). It was actually a shock for her.

Also, everyone saying that anime doesn't do any scenes justice: please realize that anime adapts LN, not the manga, and that most of the manga scenes are basically new material that is mostly never mentioned in the LN. Also keep in mind that anime is really not that great even when you forget about its offending art choices.

Also, I am somewhat confused. In the LN, we have Tanya basically loosing her shit at that plan, and almost mutinying in front of her troops at the launchpad. I remember Weiss basically yelling at her to stop before it's too late (meaning before she really disobeys). But here she is all understanding, and instead of trying to object actively rallies her troops to do it.

Also, every time I read "watch anime," my head hurts a bit. If one is interested, they should read the LN. It's professionally translated in proper English, and can be easily found on trackers since they provide a digital version too.

Banned
The fuck is with that design? I know it was kinda stupid at the time, but at least the shells they were riding in the anime actually fucking looked like shells. These ones look like rocket ships. Where is the subtlety?
And Tanya's complete lack of reaction to this insane plan is.... just.... is this manga even trying?

... Incidentally, what is with the comments ripping on the anime? Do you guys honestly believe this is better?

Users who are viewing this thread