The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 17 Ch. 47 - Records of the United Kingdom Army’s Bureau of War Archives

Dex-chan lover
I love these pseudo-historical chapters. Well, I love all the types of chapters.

Bishi Tanya just did it for me.
and then the dialogue did a brutality on my sides.

Aggregator gang
Lol, judging by the way they treated the doctor in that documentary, they clearly recruited him after the war to boost their own tech.

Dex-chan lover
@Wolvenworks oh yes, I figure that the Empire might have been lost in the war, or there was a coup into an authoritarian state that rejected the old Empire... along with her infamous mage wing.

On the other hand, knowing Tanya I think that she herself has a hand in her own damnatio memoriae

Fed-Kun's army
Did not expect a filler chapter from Youjo Senki of all things. Suppose the quality of the manga is stellar to the point where consistency might suffer from maintaining a schedule, so a filler chapter isn't overly surprising, but eesh.

Dex-chan lover
@a707 after the war he became a priest he got interviewed by some journalists investigating if tanya is just a legend or not.

Dex-chan lover
If Tanya is still alive in that world, she should be glad how they delete the name off. So, she could have peaceful life.

I hope she will get high position after those achievements she worked hard for.
And hopefully, she didn't end up dead like her previous life.

Push into the train rail.

I really really really REALLY hope that Tanya lives in the end and is having a peaceful life. I will literally crawl into the screen and choke a bitch if she dies is2g

@bob248 in earlier chapters they mentioned "achieving national defense" as a victory condition (or atleast, an aim). It might be entirely possible that this is what they achieved.

Dont forget that the Empirebisnt the Aggressor, but passive. All wars they participated in (in the manga's scope) have been because they were attacked.

so it might be entirely possible that they "won", but the rest of the world either twisted the story for propaganda or the empire acted like it lost to fool the world.

but who knows, we might see it later on in the manga.

i dont read the novel, but im guessing when they said empire lost the war, it doesnt necessarily mean like absolute utter defeat of Nazi in 1945, with millions of soviet troops drank every beer and raping every woman in berlin. Maybe the empire get luckier than france after the congress of vienna, assuming there is some kind of "congress" to stop the world war and manage the aftermath.

The end of the war was already described in this manga, though ... The war ended when Not-UK sacrificed it's whole navy to distract the Devil of the Rhine from a landing in not-Germany and then not-Germany acepted to come to the negotiation table. After that, there was a economical crisis and a lot of chaos in not-Germany ( that is how the lack of intel on Tanya is explained ).

Now, while that looks like a defeat for not-Germany, it is clear that not-Germany was not occupied and, given what we know about the not-Germany war objectives ( they were not trying to conquer anyone and were mostly trying to stop a increasing ammount of attacks on them on all fronts ), maybe not-Germany only got what they wanted: to stop the war and force their enemies to the negotiating table. Maybe if we actually heard some not-Germany diplomats from the time instead of not-UK reporters with a very thin acess to real facts on the subject, we would have the oppossite impression that not-Germany had won the war and that the economical chaos that came after was a unfortunate consequence of the titanic war effort they had to do to not lose it ...

Contributor
i wonder if tanya got into a dream like situation, one man mission finish then vanish (i can only think of one like this) or her plan actually work once

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1
I like that theory, after all "total defeat" was pretty unheard of in European warfare pre-WW2. Except maybe Napoleonic France?`And even they were able to basically stay the same regarding to pre-war borders, with just a Regime change.

Wars lastet until people got around the table to negotiate, because the war had become to expensive.

Fed-Kun's army
@_hng_ I didn't that term. I knew that erasing all records of someone existed as a thing, but I didn't know what it was called. It has a nice ring to it.

Dex-chan lover
The Germans should’ve won WWI by all rights, WWII they were kinda doomed from the start.

Dex-chan lover
@angerbord Well, since they said that the Empire's objective is now to bleed the enemy until they can't fight, there's a possibility that they can "win" here

@Rozzak WWI German was also screwed from the start honestly, especially with them being gangbang from all sides

Dex-chan lover
@Grimmycoffee
Yeah but it wasn’t always like that. The allies smuggling Lenin into Russia and the Bolshevik Revolution kicking off was a big deal. Germany was so much more advanced in terms of tactics and training. By the end of the war they had developed WWII blitz and squad-type tactics but weren’t able to utilize them as to their fullest. Same story with the chemical weapons. They could’ve made huge gains after their first deployment but they never thought they would be as effective as they ended up being.
They really lacked cohesion in the top brass and that was their biggest problem. Not enough Serpico type critical thinkers.

Users who are viewing this thread