The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 24 Ch. 72 - Scorched Autumn II

Dex-chan lover
Bad translations are fine…. For manga that are abandoned. For manga that have ongoing labor of love translations, it’s a waste of effort and actively harmful to the translation process.
There are many abandoned manga you could actually pick up
Bad translations aren't fine. You're literally not getting the story with them. I've had to take on a few works myself because the translators didn't speak the language, and opted to make up dialogue. I understand that mistakes can be made, but if you're so incompetent you can't actually follow the rough details of the story, you should get back to studying instead of wasting time butchering someone's work. Plus, if you step in to fix the problem, you'll not only get less attention, but you might get pushback from the people that read the original calling you a sniper or something.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
N2 level is not enough to be translating this series, unfortunate to say. Even being N1 level you would need to be using a dictionary quite heavily. It's fine to be confident in your Japanese ability at N2, but this is clearly over-confidence.

I had to go find the Japanese raws and read them in Japanese myself just to enjoy this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
This. I appreciate the offer upthread to provide a script to not have to see specific chapters, but after the slightly-better-than-google-translation and the frenzied excuse-making and jack@$$ery throughout this thread?

The odds I'll ever want to see anything from this group are vanishingly small. If there's actually anyone in the group other than News13, he's doing them a serious disservice.
I would love to use the built-in blocking feature too, if it were not for the ridiculously low limit. 20 is nowhere near enough when I have 270 in my script on the shitlist right now.

Users who are viewing this thread