The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 24 Ch. 72 - Scorched Autumn II

Dex-chan lover
Yet another trashlation group on the block list :)
This. I appreciate the offer upthread to provide a script to not have to see specific chapters, but after the slightly-better-than-google-translation and the frenzied excuse-making and jack@$$ery throughout this thread?

The odds I'll ever want to see anything from this group are vanishingly small. If there's actually anyone in the group other than News13, he's doing them a serious disservice.

Dex-chan lover
Well, there are people who are willing to read sub-par quality translations and would rather catch up than actually enjoy reading them. (Which I suspect are people who poor command of English in the first place)

It's why so many shit translations keep having people thank them.

Granted, since we're not paying for anything (supposedly), we shouldn't have a say in what should or should not be released.

But still, to snipe a good translation with this quality...

Dex-chan lover
Well, if you think that our translators with C2 level (CPE) of English and our N2 translator of Japanese gave a bad translation, we are wrong...
There are several pages with wrong pronouns, such as "I", and "you" mixed up.
I'm happy that you share our enjoyment of this series, but considering only a singular most-recent upload to mangadex, this looks like TL sniping and is extremely rude the original team. I recommend releasing at least say the first 10 old chapters of other Spanish so it's clear there was precedent for TL'ing this, as currently you look like TL snipers.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly you're the problem, and why these things seem to work when they shouldn't.
Bruh we are 20 chapters behind the raws, Death toll scans is never going to bridge that gap on on volunteer work, and with the occasional release slippage, it's only going to get wider as time goes on.

While I enjoy reading good TLs, it's no fun struggling to remember what was going on when the last release was 2 or 3 months before. Irregular releases are a very significant contributor to why less people read this manga.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I love how in-depth this feels but I really got lost in trying to understand this all.

Group Leader
@News13 Okay I know everyone is critizing you here and also that you are completely unaware of the rules and ethics of this community, but I think you still have a chance to redeem yourself

First: Make sure to read all rules (I got banned once because of a new member, so knowing rules can help avoid that)

Second: Always make sure the title is completely abandoned. You should always check the discord of previous group to make sure they have abandoned it. Sometimes, an offer of help or collab is better than just assuming things.

Third: The community rules here is 6 months of no chapter but you can do the upload at 3 months at minimum of gap according to rules I read before

For now, I think you should join that Death Toll group and instead help or collab with them

Last edited:
Bruh we are 20 chapters behind the raws, Death toll scans is never going to bridge that gap on on volunteer work, and with the occasional release slippage, it's only going to get wider as time goes on.

While I enjoy reading good TLs, it's no fun struggling to remember what was going on when the last release was 2 or 3 months before. Irregular releases are a very significant contributor to why less people read this manga.
There is nothing wrong with releasing "better version" yourself faster, unless your version is shit and and you are trying to advertise your paywalled chapters through it lmao

Besides nobody is forcing you to read chapters as they release, you could wait 2 years to binge or even reread the entire series then.
Or wait 5 years for the official translation instead.
But faster and shittier translation that pretends to not be a snipe isn't needed at all.

Fed-Kun's army
Besides nobody is forcing you to read chapters as they release, you could wait 2 years to binge or even reread the entire series then.
Or wait 5 years for the official translation instead.
By then I'd have to reread the whole manga again to make any sense of whatever is going on which defeats the entire purpose lol.

I always see people posting here or on reddit about how lost they are in the chapter and them needing to reread the last 3 chapters to be able to follow.

Regular releases are just as important as good TL. Without it interest diminishes over time, especially when one follows a lot of series at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
Well, there are people who are willing to read sub-par quality translations and would rather catch up than actually enjoy reading them. (Which I suspect are people who poor command of English in the first place)

It's why so many shit translations keep having people thank them.

Granted, since we're not paying for anything (supposedly), we shouldn't have a say in what should or should not be released.

But still, to snipe a good translation with this quality...
This is so true that it actually painful to read that i had to reply to your comment because of how true it is

I literally had to drop some titles i read exactly because of that reason, bad translation that barely make any sense and people still eating it up and thanking the group, it genuinely baffles me how people are fine with translation that are even below sub-par that are basically just baiting people to go to their site or something along that line

Aggregator gang

lolz I have zero problem recalling info from the last chapter even if it was released months ago. That said last chapter was the set up to this chapter, Romel, and tanya were touring the lines while discussing the conditions of the defense forces they have; plus the lack of staff officers cause by k.i.a's, attrition, casualties, etc. Meanwhile on the Franco Republic forces side, De Lugo is dealing with the spineless colonial ministers via the most expedient way possible al la cart of military coup. Although not really because De Lugo isn't about that, no it's more of an implied threat since ultimately they are civilian servants and this a military matter. So fuck you, you have no said at all; military problems are his( De lugo) alone period. Thus the dumb dumbs are shuffled off to their new abodes for attempting to imped De Lugo in a war time state. Now then back to Tanya plus badass general Romel; after the tour of the line and assessment of conditions, they, the two arrival at his ( Romel's ) personal quarters/ command tent. Almost immediately Tanya tenses up expecting to have to justify something or rationalize a course of decision. Its none of this naturally, instead Romel wants to talk candidly, our Tanya of course misinterprets. Then is surprise when she being allowed independent action. Romel explains his plan and what De Lugo might be thinking... while Tanya day dreams of doing the minimum bare and kicking back with the excuse of put in "reconnaissance" duty. 10/10 plan nothing will go wrong, it does not go smooth AT ALL Augaaahh ! curse you being X. .

Users who are viewing this thread