The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 25 Ch. 78 - Long-Distance Reconnaissance Mission IV

Dex-chan lover
Very good job translating all the text, but for the low opacity bubble the grey text was a bit hard to read, though that might’ve just been me

Group Leader
Not to nitpick (the translations so far have been great), but there's a typo in page 8 (were should be where in 3rd bubble "in the year [where]").

Thank you for the translation, but personally I found the typesetting to be a bit hard to read. Too many line breaks in the middle of words.

I understand the wa-
nt to follow the shap-
e of the speech bub-
bles but when you br-
eak without regard fo-
r morphemes or syll-
ables it makes it far
more confusing than
necessary, when only
a bit more compromise
can greatly aid read-
ability

Dex-chan lover
Really pretty panels :meguupog:
and I'm sure most of us agree with Tanya on war usually being a waste of life and resources :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Really pretty panels :meguupog:
and I'm sure most of us agree with Tanya on war usually being a waste of life and resources :aquadrink:
This idea goes back to the art of war by Sun Tzu that the greatest commander is the one who can win without war. Because any war places a burden on the population and lands.

"I don't like war, but i do hate communists, and these guys look mildly communist, so-"
Incredible shennanigans
This mentality wouldn't be strange somewhere in Western Europe during the Cold War, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
This mentality wouldn't be strange somewhere in Western Europe during the Cold War, lmao.
I just find it funny that Tanya is comparing the fantasy commies to the actual literal Soviet Union and must therefore all be killed, but is perfectly fine with the fantasy Wermacht.

Dex-chan lover
I just find it funny that Tanya is comparing the fantasy commies to the actual literal Soviet Union and must therefore all be killed, but is perfectly fine with the fantasy Wermacht.
I don't know how deep it all went, but I always saw Tanya as a parody of an imperialist mentality. Although the irony you noticed does seem intriguing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
no wonder she ends up working for the americans
If you know the history of the Cold War, former German soldiers working for the US on a strategy to "contain" communism was never something strange at all. Suffice it to recall Otto Skorzeny or Wernher von Braun.

Fed-Kun's army
It's a fantasy Kaiserreich, not the Third Reich

Dex-chan lover
It's a fantasy Kaiserreich, not the Third Reich
Not only. The original has even more references and reimaginings to the Second World War than the First. The Kaiser's Germany not only financed the struggle of Russian communists against the government, but even managed to cease to exist before they actually came to power in Russia.

Users who are viewing this thread