The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 25 Ch. 79 - Long-Distance Reconnaissance Mission V

Dex-chan lover
Once again, Youjo Senki is just how the Nazis viewed the events of WW2 like XD

Oh yup, "the Soviets had a plan to invade & takeover Europe!"
I'm not sure they ever used that as an excuse during the war itself. The preemptive war thesis was mainly promoted by historical revisionists for political purposes after the war.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure how much you know or understand about actual soviet ideals and intentions if you think they didn't.
If you think that they really intended to do this outside of a very formal and vague "world communist revolution", then your personal knowledge clearly consists of anti-communist urban legends and conspiracy theories

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If you think that they really intended to do this outside of a very formal and vague "world communist revolution", then you clearly know very little and have listened to too much anti-communist propaganda.
Having spent the first 10 years of my life amidst actual communist propaganda in a communist state I can tell you they very much did, but were forced to rely on soft power methods by a variety of strategic and economic factors. Don't whitewash that garbage cult.

Dex-chan lover
Having spent the first 10 years of my life amidst actual communist propaganda in a communist state I can tell you they very much did, but were forced to rely on soft power methods by a variety of strategic and economic factors. Don't whitewash that garbage cult.
I lived in a communist state and am offended by communist authorities, so trust me dude, the communists wanted to take over the world! - okay, sure bro. The classic story of a defector.

Dex-chan lover
I lived in a communist state and am offended by communist authorities, so trust me dude, the communists wanted to take over the world! - okay, sure bro. The classic story of a defector.
Yeah, I'm Russo-Cuban, you fuckwit. I sure am glad my parents had aspirations to a better life, and gave me a chance to grow up the rest of the way outside the misery that is communism. However, I get it. It's hard to believe not having seen it yourself so I recommend spending time in China from having lived a few years in Shanghai for work.
Mind you, the portrayal here is like the saturday morning cartoon villain version, but that doesn't mean the idea of communist expansionism is invalid because of it.

Dex-chan lover
Totalitarian leaders who want absolute power are never satisfied with what they already have, or else they wouldn't have become Totalitarians in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Mate I don't know how legit he is, but you are currently also in "trust me bro" status.
In this case, those who refute conspiracy theories are also conspiracy theorists. What do I have to prove? That a partial childhood in the late USSR does not make you an authoritative source on communism? Or that the theory of a preemptive attack is a Nazi revisionist conspiracy theory? The dude even goes so far as to mix it with the general communist conspiracy theory.
Yeah, I'm Russo-Cuban, you fuckwit. I sure am glad my parents had aspirations to a better life, and gave me a chance to grow up the rest of the way outside the misery that is communism. However, I get it. It's hard to believe not having seen it yourself so I recommend spending time in China from having lived a few years in Shanghai for work.
Mind you, the portrayal here is like the saturday morning cartoon villain version, but that doesn't mean the idea of communist expansionism is invalid because of it.
Oh, the second comment and we are already moving on to open insults. Classic. The fact that you are referring to the late USSR as a “evil communist regime” or trying to be an expert on Chinese communism after a couple of years working in Shanghai, speaks perfectly to how serious your communist knowledge is. Unlike you, I lived my entire life in the former USSR and my parents lived their entire lives in the USSR itself, experiencing both its negative and positive sides in all aspects of life. Don't try to sell me this nonsense as if I'm a naive "anti-cultural marxism" warrior from the USA.

Totalitarian leaders who want absolute power are never satisfied with what they already have, or else they wouldn't have become Totalitarians in the first place.
Maintaining power and expanding power are two different things, don’t you think? Especially when you are building an iron curtain out of fear of external influence. The USSR abandoned the idea of world revolution even before the war, not to mention the fact that it was never anything more than an idealistic dream. While the US or EU regularly continued to talk about “Western civilization”, etc. With this logic, the US and EU wanted to take over the world, right?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So the other group has just given up, right? I mean, it's 4 chapters and 3 months already. They haven't uploaded anything, even in their other titles. Are they even alive?

I don't really care who works on it, so long as I won't have to give money. I can live without the manga like many others.

Double-page supporter
Dipping my toes into this quagmire, but I do recall Trotsky wanting a world revolution. I understand that his views differed from Stalin's, but if Trotsky was spouting out his ideals, it is natural that people from around the world would assume that Communist Russia wanted to conquer the world.
BTW, more than one person who has lived in a former communist state has said that it was terrible. I will therefore assume that communist regimes were - and are - terrible.

Fed-Kun's army
Once again, Youjo Senki is just how the Nazis viewed the events of WW2 like XD

Oh yup, "the Soviets had a plan to invade & takeover Europe!"
It has nothing to do with nazism, it's an alt version of WW1. And yes there were expansionist plans, the only reason it didn't happen sooner was due to the reorganization post revolution. Stalin was too busy shanking his fellow revolutionaries and consolidating power to start expanding. Or you forget they happily took the mustache mans deal to divide Poland and also invaded Finland unprovoked. URSS/Russia also pretty much always wanted entrance into the mediterranean for obvious strategic reasons so the invasion (like the current ucranian war) was always a matter of time.

Dex-chan lover
Dipping my toes into this quagmire, but I do recall Trotsky wanting a world revolution. I understand that his views differed from Stalin's, but if Trotsky was spouting out his ideals, it is natural that people from around the world would assume that Communist Russia wanted to conquer the world.
BTW, more than one person who has lived in a former communist state has said that it was terrible. I will therefore assume that communist regimes were - and are - terrible.
Trotskyism was literally declared a criminal ideology in the USSR, not to mention the fact that Stalin was never a particularly ideological communist and destroyed many of the old Bolsheviks. I always want to laugh when I hear how people in the West consider him a great ideologist of Communism. Moreover, the USSR officially switched to building communism in “a single country” instead of an openly idealistic world revolution quite quickly. But hey, if you're going to measure regimes by what someone living in them said was terrible, then there's never been any good government in the world. Especially if you ask people about capitalism or monarchy.

By the way, I understand that you are talking about people in a general context, but it is quite symbolic that in the end it just became a cheap excuse for outright terror and witch hunts on the left in Western countries (for example, McCarthyism and terror against the black movement in the USA was argued not least by the “fights with infidel machinations of the Soviets”). Of course, by the forces of the ultra-right, both before the war and after. But if you are really so afraid of evil commies and are ready to hug various dubious “mustachioed” people for the sake of this, okay, the flag is in your hands.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It has nothing to do with nazism, it's an alt version of WW1. And yes there were expansionist plans, the only reason it didn't happen sooner was due to the reorganization post revolution. Stalin was too busy shanking his fellow revolutionaries and consolidating power to start expanding. Or you forget they happily took the mustache mans deal to divide Poland and also invaded Finland unprovoked. URSS/Russia also pretty much always wanted entrance into the mediterranean for obvious strategic reasons so the invasion (like the current ucranian war) was always a matter of time.
I even had no doubt that the person who arranges reactions so passionately is so full of immature anti-Soviet/anti-Russian clichés. It is not at all necessary to know history, the main thing is to repeat what the propagandists tell you and consider yourself a person who understands politics. For example, you whine about the Ukrainian war and the division of Poland in one post, completely ignoring that by dividing Poland, the USSR reunited Western and Eastern Ukraine for the FIRST TIME IN HISTORY, pulling out the inhabitants of the western Ukrainian regions from under Polish rule. But if you are a Polish revanchist who wants Lviv to be Polish again, then okay, lmao.

P.S. You don't have to answer, arguing with arrogant but completely ignorant fanatics is always useless. You will still return to primitive clichés and stupid negative reactions.

Dex-chan lover
So the other group has just given up, right? I mean, it's 4 chapters and 3 months already. They haven't uploaded anything, even in their other titles. Are they even alive?

I don't really care who works on it, so long as I won't have to give money. I can live without the manga like many others.
Compared to the raws, even this one is about 2 years behind (publication date for volume 25 is listed as 2022/07/26). Wouldn't blame fan-translators for losing their motivation since the official translations are starting to slowly catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread