The Saga of Tanya the Evil

Dex-chan lover
@cheekibreeki
That's because the anime doesn't do the monologues and explanations well. It doesn't really point out the misunderstandings that leads Tanya to the situations she doesn't wanna be in which is the funny part of the manga.

Each chapter are pretty long and with lot of text. Let's some time to the trad team. It's sad but we have to thanks the trad team for their work. You can't even spoil yourself by looking at the next chapter because it make no sens without the text xD

Still crazy to me that this manga/light novel got an anime adaptation.

@Roiisu about the same point as the manga currently is (Chapter 39/40), but please go back and read if from the start. The anime was such a lousy adaptation I can't even begin to describe it. The manga is way better.

brilliant chapter, a lot more details than the anime of course, time and all. recommend the light Novel if you havent read it

it's chapters like this that make me wonder why it was a standstill for so long. one unit just held the whole front line by themselves for 6-12 hours and destroyed 12 waves of enemy's with only half loses. and yes i understand that the enemy was preparing for a invasion but still

Honestly, i came back to check at random if the plot had any progress, but it seems it's still a self-satsifying boringfest fantasy. Maybe in 50 chapters the plot will progress in a meaningfull way than "OHMYGOSH TANYA AND HER UNIT ARE SO SMART/POWERFULL/WHATEVERTHESITUATION DEMANDS"

@proulout The details of the progress of the war itself is the plot. This is kind of a manga for military nerds, so I guess it's not as appealing as a character-oriented plot to most people. But, in less than 20 chapters, the war with the francois republic will be over and you'll probably get more of what you want.

Also, I feel like *Zettour* is the really smart one here. Tanya has the benefit of her background knowledge and "big ideas", but Zettour is the one actually putting it into practice and making it work. This story is only interesting because Zettour is really really clever.

Dex-chan lover
@gumshoe
Tanya's unit is used mostly in surgical operations and not as a vanguard unit. They fly in, take out the enemies at the point and ground forces would charge and take the point. I think this is the first time they're used like this and evidently it takes a toll on them. You can't expect that with the rest of the Imperial mages however as some of them may even possess an outdated orb like Visha before joining 203rd. The losses would be big and as Tanya forecasts, it's something the Kingdom and other belligerent nations would want.

Double-page supporter
Kind of a silly premise but what kept me reading was actually the comedy, which is absent from the tags. It never stops being funny when Tanya and the people around her have entirely different reads of each other.

Unfortunately Rychastings the manga is behind the anime,I stopped reading it a few months ago to wait for it to update more,but right now it should be somewhere between episode 10-11 of the anime.So it still didn't catch up to the anime and the movie at all. But it's still a really good read if you want to start from the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread