The Saga of Tanya the Evil

Can’t wait for the movie, I’m not really into the anime art style tho

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised this one isn't labeled as a comedy, considering how much of a joke it comes off as.

Another Shonen manga by a writer who has NO IDEA what war and combat are like. It's not that he's trying to tell the story differently that real life, or any such. He simple does not have the concepts.

This is some of the most poignant satire on the modern corporate culture I've read, at least considering manga and comics. Taking someone from our modern cutlure and throwing him into one of the most bloody conflicts of recent times, giving him the chance and power to change things and then - then actually showing that by applying todays standards of corporations he is capable of inflicting even more suffering and cruelty than the people from that era. It goes to show just how dehumanizing corporate work and contemporary society can be.
This is juxtaposed by the high tension and great visual implementation of the action scenes; which are often followed by exactly that cruelty, leading to a rift between the exhilaration they create and the dread that follows. This is rounded out by the era appropriate caricatures of the nations and their peoples as specific animals, which gives this otherwise fantastic setting a sense of authenticity.

Of course this is simply my interpretation, but I believe that it would really be a shame if the author truly believed that among other atrocities, performing war crimes or treating humans as expendable resources (including your direct subordinates) is somehow positive or an advancement for society. It's pretty clear when it comes to the excessive brownnosing that the main character brings over from the modern world - on the other hand the atrocities are depicted as "necessary" or lead to "victory". This makes me sometimes doubt the authors intentions, which, frankly speaking, would make this quite a waste of mostly quality artwork.

Hmm chapter 39 raw is already out but chapter 38 has yet to be translated? i wonder what happen.

If someone has the source for hi-res images of the cover without the title fonts can you please tell me? Thank you very much.

I could not wait any longer so i started reading the novel, before i realized i'm at volume 4 already lol. Also did you know that we are barely about to finish book 2? Trial of Fire its the second to last chapter in that volume.

Contributor
I'm pretty sure an alt name isn't "nazi loli hitler" but I'll leave up for now.

Group Leader
I don't know if Silver Wings is just taking a break or slower translation or missing raws, I have messaged him and wait for response. If not I will temporarily pick this up and translate from the Chinese version as best as I can to catch it up to 41.

Are they perhaps waiting for the arc to finish to release translations? Seems like a pattern...

Translation is coming along but it's hard and not fun. We're currently in proofreading for the next chapter,

Users who are viewing this thread