The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 2 Ch. 7.4 - Present

Double-page supporter
Lmao I was screaming over what just happened and then I read the comments and now I’m just laughing my ass off lmao

Lmfao that waterfall picture wtf ???

Group Leader
THIS CHAPTER WAS A REAL SNACK, NO, A MEAL!!! THANK YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL FULL-COURSE DINNER!!!!!!!
his bashful faces was so cute, and the kissing of the hand aAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason I'm more than ready to believe your "neither have much basis in reality" statement. Other than that, I'm having extremely difficult time understanding what else in this work would be wish fulfillment for anyone, aside from all the attention from good looking members of the opposite sex. The MC has zero independence and even needs to get cooking supplies through a man who questions her about what she needs the stuff for. She had also lived and worked for many months before having the first chance to visit the city, only thanks to a man asking her if she wanted to, with the man naturally having ulterior motives. Nobody asked her if she wanted to visit the city simply because it's wrong to keep an innocent human locked away. No, she was only asked because the man wanted to get closer to her romantically. I don't even need to mention how she's being exploited all the time due to her gullible personality.

How the hell could anyone wish for a life like that, woman or man? Sure, her life is probably a lot better than many poor women are living in Japan and elsewhere, but if you can freely wish for something, why not wish for something still better and interesting?

Dex-chan lover
@kaarme things aren't great for her right now but she'll eventually get those sorted. The whole hero's journey thing is like a long road to achieve dreams... although if the author is good he'll always make those achievements come at a price. I surely do like this series a lot more than like, black healer or potion-healing girl. Wish someone would pick it back up

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason Black Healer has a lot in common with this, both having a female MC who's mainly just doing what others are telling her to do, following pretty much all of their suggestions, barely having a world view or ambition of her own, despite possessing a great power. I dropped the potion healing girl because the story couldn't keep itself together and was just too ridiculously illogical.

Now, I'm a man, so I guess my tastes can be fundamentally different from the target audience of a story like this, but I keep checking shoujo and josei because sometimes they offer real gems. Shounen never has reasonably developing relationships between men and women, seinen can have, but it's a huge hit and miss and rarely a priority. I always dream of series with action/willpower from shounen & seinen and depth of relationships/romance from shoujo & josei.

Dex-chan lover
@kaarme I'm also a guy, and I am also the same way about josei and shoujo. I think some Seinen titles can offer that depth of relationship, but almost never Shonen - and I don't really understand why, as books in English aren't segregated quite like that. Lots of 'young adult fantasy' works I read growing up offered more nuanced takes on relationships.

One of the few Shounen works that does do relationships pretty well is Fullmetal Alchemist. Except of course, it must be noted it was written by a woman (with a male pseudonym) - and even still, my biggest regret for the series was that I wished it would have delved even deeper into the relationships between Ed/Winry and Alphonse/Mei, etc. I hate the whole "last chapter confession, everyone's feelings are cleared up and now...story over!" Which is why for example, I really liked the Bunny Senpai story. It doesn't let a developing relationship end its ability to tell a story, but instead incorporates that growing relationship into the story.

If you haven't seen it, check out Machida-kun no Sekai on here. A real shoujo gem. (although you probably have, since it's super highly rated).

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason Actually, I haven't. Although I feel like I have read the series description before, but it's kind of bland, which might have fooled me. Thanks for the suggestion!

Aggregator gang
Bruh he fucked her so hard it erased part of time and space

Dex-chan lover
reciprocate a gift like that basically means "Yeah, i really like you too" and I don't know how she didn't realize that

Users who are viewing this thread