The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 3 Ch. 12.4 - Intense Training Part 4

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3 : at this point they have yet to interact... and thanks to prince dunce I think she does not even know about Sei yet.

Dex-chan lover
Why is she only training the healing magic she already knows how to use? I thought she would learn something new by sitting through the lectures. Like the good old fireball.

@Kaarme she is training casting speed not other magic at this point. Probably because heal is the only magic that doesn't harm the surroundings unlike the magic you had said

Dex-chan lover
@vienryan2405 Casting speed isn't critical for healing, unless there's a fight going on really poorly. However, with her reserves of magic, she could prevent a fight from going so badly if she knew suitable magic. There's no need to concentrate on fixing symptoms if you can remove the problem itself.

@Kaarme Well that depends if she is even compatible with other attributes besides holy attribute or if she even wants to be involved in the fight at all.

Dex-chan lover
@vienryan2405 I just want her to be more independent and more capable of looking after herself. I know it's a useless wish since she actually enjoys being ordered around by the hot bishounen, but I can always keep hoping. Even realistically speaking it's irresponsible to take her anywhere near battles if she's totally unable to do anything do defend herself. It's the knights' hubris that since they are there, nothing bad can ever happen to her. Then why do they need a healer with them in the first place if nothing can ever go wrong? It's a contradiction. In RL, in all armies medics carry an assault rifle (or equivalent for the surroundings), the same as everyone else.

@Kaarme true, but then again this is an isekai so any type of expectations i have for it to be logical is already out the window, but your point is valid it does contradicts the action of the knights being able to protect the healers or mages. Her being independent is also true since currently right now she's too dependent to the people in the institute, but i also can't blame her since she was thrown into the unknown, got ignored by the one who threw her to the unknown, then proceeds to say that she is the priestess and she has to help people, i think i will be at my wit's end at that point. The only reason she stayed sane was because she was cared for by the other people in the palace/kingdom (forgot which).

Dex-chan lover
@vienryan2405 Yeah, if we are totally realistic, her behavior isn't so peculiar. Most people would try to fit in and choose the smooth path if things seem fine and cool. In her position a person would basically feel all alone in an alien world (because that's what it is), fundamentally without allies, without rights, without a clear path to surviving and thriving, other than the one offered to you. In other isekai where the beginning is less fabulous, such as waking up in some nasty cave or knowing you are on a route to a certain destruction unless you change things, it might be different since you'd need to push yourself just to be able to survive. However, there is also the one last thing I can say: Our world has no magic, so if you are thrown into a world of magic, it would be exceedingly strange not to want to learn and use as much of it as possible (within reason, depending on the individual). The very fact we are reading fiction about magic universes means we yearn for it. From this perspective, she should want to learn more than just healing magic. Well, she already is interested in alchemy, at least.

@Kaarme True true and i love how this conversation didn't turn into a pissing contest cause some people tend to get pissed when someone has a different opinion to them ahahahahaha.

Dex-chan lover
She didn't breakdown the heal skill, that's why the casting time is still the same since she didn't efficiently improved the skill itself.
Can't explain it properly. if you don't understand it lmao sorry

i kind of expected aira to be a bitch but she seems normal compared to other "dual summoned" saintesses

I've waited several chapters for the story to progress but I have to admit I'm honestly disappointed in Sei that she has yet to consider meeting up with Aira or asking how she's been faring in this alien world. Yes, they are strangers, but I'd say the two being alone in a foreign world makes them as close to each other as two humans in an apocalypse. Also, Sei is considerably older, so I'd say she should look out for the other girl or at a minimum show interest in a friendly relationship, and then if Aira is not interested then nevermind. It can also be seen that her reluctance to admit to being the saintess is simply putting Aira under the pressure of not being able to perform duties she's not meant to. I understand that from Sei's point of view, she might be trying to not make Aira lose her position in the palace seeing as she's been the one being showered with attention and care since their arrival, but I really think that she should have met up with the person and discussed what they think on the matter.

Fed-Kun's army
That dumbass prince holy shit, get over yourself for 5 fucking minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread