The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 5 Ch. 19.3 - The Saintess' Magic Part 3

Dex-chan lover
@kylie_aliah Unfortunately, she's Yamato Nadeshiko, so as long as she lives honourably and makes the people around her happy, she feels like she needs no other compensation. As long as the bishounen pay attention to her, praise her, and make her feel needed, she requires nothing else. Of course her magic is conveniently the saintess magic, and to be a saintess is to be a perfectly selfless person, so it all goes hand in hand. She's a person who was mistreated, but instead of being angry (for real), she's all to glad to help the country and all the people in it. She's so saintly a person that the only thing she needs to apologise for is creating too good healing potions, which somehow is an inconvenience for her superiors.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger: She already enchanted several stones (some to the absurd level which push more people to believe she is the Saintess) back in ch 6

@AnotherMMD it was ch 36-37 on the novel, I also recalled some hillarious deeds done by the head magician so read it until "behind the scene 09-10" around Klausner act

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat
Honestly, I had forgotten. I read a lot of different series. And this one isn't even remotely what you would call 'stable'.
Looking at the dates of '1 year ago' when it happend, I think its understandable I had forgotten.

... I don’t like this
“They want a recovery personnel”
I know they are giving her a choice and they also apologize, but it just... sound like they are putting her to “good” use.

I’m so excited!! Also I miss all my handsome knights and Captain Hawk! Thank you for the updates :))

Fed-Kun's army
@Kardelune
I'm sure everyone here who has watched more then 3 anime and read more then 5 manga have all screamed at our monitors "JUST FOLLOW THE #$%^ING STORY "
Personally I don't care if something would work better, I don't care if things could be skipped over, I just want the story to not be bastardised and if what it takes is religiously following the source so be it.

im sure, especially in the isekai genre where we read the web novels and miss or hate things that were adapted differently

@alidan so I started responding to you, and then it turned into a novel, lol. So I'm trying again while keeping it shorter. To start with I don't disagree with you, it's frustrating when the source material gets changed.
My objection wasn't so much about adapting the story itself, but about fitting it to another medium (it's a subtle difference and sometimes it overlaps, but here it doesn't have to). This manga is doing a poor job of capitalising on the strengths of a comic format, which is to tell the story and transmit the emotions through images not text, the result is that comics/manga can fit more into less physical space. But this manga isn't doing it very well, it's keeping all the words of the novel instead of turning them into pictures, because of the extra wordage it needs to add repetitive images that aren't strictly necessary, that's why some people were complaining that the manga is dragging on a bit which is what prompted my original post.
So in my oversimplified example I had Sei and the others make potions using the boosted plants together instead of Sei first and then the others, that's a change in the source material, but a minor one since the idea is to show that everyone's potions are boosted. If you object to that however you could have two images instead of one to show them working separately, it still would fit in less space than they did here. Similarly instead of using five images illustrating that Sei can't figure out how to do saintess magic on purpose, I used only one.
Aaaaand I'm going to stop here (it's shorter than it was, I swear) before I start ranting about publishers and safe bets, and enlarging audiences and a whole lot of fascinating stuff that doesn't have it's place here 😉

i am actually quite relieved that they didn't make it like Sei already know what to do after doing it once, making it more "human" (i don't know what word to describe it lol), and that she actually needs to learn what it really means to be a saintess and how to control her powers but this pacing, and how few pages could fit in one page, is becoming boring and hard to read.

Users who are viewing this thread