The Second Coming of Gluttony - Vol. 1 Ch. 45

Man, they did the novel dirty with how they skipped around character motivations, the traumatic impossible mission, and the sweet sweet barrage of insults to burrito and two credit bitch. If anyone reading this enjoys this manhwa, I highly recommend the novel. It is simply glorious. This adaptation isn't quite at something like the Eragon books vs the movie or the Avatar: the last airbender animated vs the movie levels, but its damn close. Just check out the novel, it just gets better and better as it progresses. Ah... trigger warning during this section of the novel for
attempted rape of Yoon Seora
. May fortunes favor you~

@waster2252 i expected as much, at first the story is fine, nothing is missing (i assume). But even this would make non novel reader would notice it and really leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Group Leader
OMG........ The publisher should just drop this series and let a different team handle the adaptation. How is the author okay with these half asses adaptation? Rush? We're talking time skips here.

1) WTF is that 3-4 panels of the infamous "impossible mission"?
2) That burrito and bitch... those are not even in the novel.
3) Where's the MEET n' GREET? Kim Hannah is a big shot in Paradise, not a regular caretaker. Her spotlight was stolen :'(
4) Where the F is the mention of the contract? The Meet n greet + contract alone is enough for an entire chapter.

At this point the manhwa readers know nothing of Paradise until this point. No world building. No tension build up. Nada.
This chapter probably condensed 5-6 novel chapters into 1. Hopping the story will be more detailed in next few chapters.
Novel is a solid 9/10.
Manhwa.... 4/10 as of the last few chapters.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thank you Sleeping Knight for for the chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
“Level 12 earthquake”

Magnitude 12 sounds cooler, besides, the level system doesn’t go past 10?

@LegitRikk I think Earthquake is a spell, so in this case it's being cast as a level 12 spell. Not sure how or what that translates to the Richter scale though

@Gemker From what I can find, a magnitude 12 earthquake would be equivalent to the force of a mass-extinction causing meteor strike.

Fed-Kun's army
@Gemker Just looked it up in the novel, it was translated there as
“The Spell, Limited Area: Great Earthquake, has been activated”
“An Earthquake measuring 12 in magnitude will commence within the designated area” (limited area is why it isn’t world ending @JaffaOrange)

Levels are never mentioned in relations to spells, only people, within paradise. 10 would be within the domains of a person able to fight gods, so 12 would be...

Wait wait wait wait, what happened to the burrito man? How did he overcome the impossible mission? Where are the character interactions? What is going on?

Wait wait wait wait, what happened to the burrito man? How did he overcome the impossible mission? Where are the character interactions? What is going on?

Dex-chan lover
dQiWphH.jpg

I was following it for illustrations, but this chapter was simply offensive.
To webtoon-only readers: you got robbed of two extremely satisfying payoffs, so you suffered through this whole arc for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread