The Second Coming of Gluttony

Dex-chan lover
@MrMuunster yep, i agree wholeheartedly. this is better than SoloLeveling by a mile. This has broad/varied side character that's actually interesting, not just a fodder for main character. some of the story arcs also have tragedy-mystery-horror feel to it, not just battle over battle for the sake of powering up MC.

MC's just a worthless piece of shit so far, i don't see how anyone thinks this is better than solo leveling.

{Edit} Read up to chapter five, still hate the MC.

@FrostedFoxes Read the novel on WuxiaWorld, it's licensed and is a ongoing translation, It gets FAR better than Solo Leveling.
Solo Leveling's WN is pretty bad, the manga does it more than justice in cutting out a lot of crap, fleshing out the world and bring out some amazing artwork.

They really should add the link to the WebNovel that's licensed by WuxiaWorld(English), or at the very least add a link to the NovelUpdate

@FrostedFoxes Yes, MC is a piece of shit.. and that's where the character development comes in. It's waaaaaay better than Solo Leveling because Solo Leveling's MC is such a Gary Stu and flat as a cardboard character. Too boring.

@mrcat25
I mean the world building is better but the fight scenes are a class above in I alone level up/solo leveling.

@meho7 Yeah, I can agree with you in that. But still Solo Leveling's fights are cool and all but it's still always one-sided beating that kinda makes it boring.

Anyway, I mostly read this for the story and characters where it shines.

Dex-chan lover
@meho7
I was replying to your fight scene comment, thinking that you are refering to the comic.
Each to their own I guess, I finished the Solo Leveling novel a while ago and it just seem to be bog standard stuff to me, just a bit above the rest (which comes from author who doesn't know how real fight progress and/or do not know how to write up a fight scene). SCOG to me is vastly superior.

Heres a link to the artwork of the novel -> https://www.wuxiaworld.com/page/the-second-coming-of-gluttony/second-coming-of-gluttony-official-art

Hannah kinda looks different than I thought. I like it though, it suits her as
Seol's "mom"

Dex-chan lover
@z3ta311 oh you would be surprised there are people who seriously think Solo leveling story is great.. maybe they havent read enough novel, or they just basing it on "great fighting scene/art = great story" alone

Anyone know when the Eng chapters are coming or have no1 started translating it to eng

Dex-chan lover
@Dragoma

there are translations to be found.

i found up to chapter 17 on this site, but it's filled with a ton of ads and spam.
and the more adds there is on a site the scummier they tend to be.
its not a site i use myself so cant speak of its standards thought.
feel free to look around yourself if you can find a better one.

Aggregator gang
@Dragoma
Just search for "The Second Coming of Gluttony manga" on an uncucked search engine that doesn't automatically filter away most manga sites, duckduckgo is alright.

@Goldenzeal
Use uBlock Origin, how are you actually seeing ads in 2020? The ability to block scripts and shit is also a necessity for both privacy and security.

Dex-chan lover
@Degernase

i 100 % agree.
but "seeing" and knowing they are there are different things :p
adds are not always bad thought.
They give us stuff like youtube who while suffer from world ending catastrophes on a yearly basis is still a mostly legit site that have changed the world( mostly) for the better.

Aggregator gang
@Goldenzeal
Youtube operates at a loss and is held afloat by google pumping in lots of money. And they're not doing it to be nice, it's still a huge platform which they can use to boost the awareness of other projects they wish to promote. It also allows them to push their own ideologies and narratives by selectively enforcing content rules.

Ads are one of the reasons why youtube has gotten worse and worse over the years, they begun bowing down to big companies that only want ads on maximum family friendly videos which has caused them to censor people (both via manipulating search results with their algorithm and constant rule changes to stop certain content) and dissuading them from uploading interesting content.
If it weren't for advertisers they'd have no reason to not permit all content besides that which breaches US federal law.

Ads aren't necessarily a bad thing but many businesses make adjustments to accommodate both the ads and advertisers, this leads to a worse end product which is objectively a bad thing.
For the consumer they're at best a minor annoyance but can be much worse, such as video ads which steal your free time or ads which are injected with malicious code.

Users who are viewing this thread