The Seven Deadly Sins

I remember reading this back before the first anime season aired and was so good I hoped they wouldn't stretch it like any successful title in jump and remain a good solid well ended manga. I don't know why I still believe in the good will of jump and their neverending greed. Just let it die already.

Sooo did the English translators give up lmao because they thought it was gona end 😂

Double-page supporter
Well, it was a fun ride, had its high and lows, but a fine ride none the less...
7.5/10

Group Leader
Rumors are there is going to be a sequel series focusing on Arthur, Merlin, Camelot, and the Sin's kids as members of the round table.

It's not complete yet though. I'm not sure where they get it (it says mangafox but I can't seem to get any good hits online), but I have an app on my phone and has up to 346 chapters there.

Dex-chan lover
What a lovely long ride.

Glad that the ending doesn't feel very rushed and they managed to give every main character they arc, even though it's uneven.

Speaking of uneven, I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't show Merlin at all during the epilogues, only there as a voice when she was helping Hawk with his plea. It's a real damn shame since I wanna know what she and Arthur are doing in their own time tinkering with the power of Chaos.

It's really amazing how 90% of Japanese manga/LN have awful last arcs and endings... Another nice manga that became mediocre and doesn't worth a re-read.

Aggregator gang
Publishers want mangakas to keep pumping out chapters until the quality drops so much they axe it

Epilogue is a bit lacking for me.
No view pf the kingdom of Adthur, Ban's kid/s, Diance's and King's kid's, and etc.

Aight. Lemme get this straight and out of my chest:

• Pros:
- Most characters are interesting in some way, and have good development within the story.
- The plot is actually quite good, and doesn't have loose ends or contradictions like most of the similar shounens.
- For a battle heavy shounen, the characters and the scenery are well drawn, and it helps a lot in the beggining. Later it changes to a more generic art style, but still quite good.

• Cons:
- The unnecessary ecchi during the whole manga, but mainly in the beginning, is stupid. If you don't care, it's not a con, and at least it both has a reason and gets less frequent, but it makes the main female, a very bad character, and she doesn't get much better, sadly.
- The pacing is TERRIBLE. The story is good, but how it's told... sadly, is not. If this manga had a better pacing, it would be WAAAAAAAY better.
- Most of the fights are senseless, and full of DBZ syndrome. Forced powerups, cliché dialogues, and there's no outsmarting the enemy, there's only brute force. The most you get of a battle tactic, are gimmicks and Ban making some smart usage of his power.
- The fight against the Demon Lord is "all the bad things about this manga, the arc".
- Arthur deserved more.

--------------

Overall, it has more cons than pros, but don't get me wrong, I find it an actually good manga. It's just a shame that it could've been much, MUCH better if the author and/or the editor/manager (idk), were less focused on making it battle heavy, and let the story flow naturally. Sigh... a shame.

Personally, 8/10, I liked it quite a bit.
Critically? Either 6 or 7/10.

Fed-Kun's army
Things were already tettering due to pacing issues but that last arc was a dumpster fire. My advice to any new readers is get up to the like Ch 280 then drop it. There is some great stuff within those chapters even if its a little messy.

The side stories are unironically the best parts of this series.

I stopped at 311. It was at that point that I realized that the author was doing something absolutely stupid and going for an obvious, cliche twist that would ruin all the good that came before.

My advice: read up to chapter 310, read 310, minus the last 3 pages. You will save yourself from disappointment and have a wonderful ending page.

Users who are viewing this thread