The Shocking Reality of A Loan Shark Collecting Money - Ch. 8

Last chapter raised the bar so high, that any trope or half assed attempt to tie things up feels like a disappointment. Mediocre ending to a great story, but there is a hope that author will try to serialize and rewrite it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I'm glad that the kid grew up right. But I'm sad that he didn't get to adopt her in the end. :(

Wow so many comments against the end. For me it was perfect, both characters showed strength, the girl a great attitude despite being basically abandoned by her mom and the guy is the usual tough guy who got all the money out of the girl's mom without mercy. The mom was the winer in the girl's heart, so tough guy left. It was an end true to the characters. It was good to see that tough guy was keeping an eye on her all the time.

Dex-chan lover
People shouldn't get too hung-up on the "used to love" part. It makes sense considering she never saw him again during those 12 years. Take it as "I used to love him back then, and now I still love him all the same".

Dex-chan lover
I suppose he's kind of like her godfather. At least neither forgot.

sad_frog.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
I'm glad the mother actually started being a parent. That it's a happy ending for everyone.

Group Leader
It's such a shit rushed ending and that's all on the author. He probably wanted to experiment with the idea of a neglected loli + soft spot yakuza, then got bored and ended it without developing the characters past some traits. We never know how the mother mended her ways after she was chosen, we don't know what the loan shark did after that, is he still a loan shark or not? All we get is a timeskip with the girl all grown up and the dude meeting her for a bit before disappearing again.

The story had a lot of potential sucks that it ended in such a shitty way.

t28

Dex-chan lover
Y'all should just be thankful we didn't get Usagi Dropped / Musume no Tame'd

Dex-chan lover
I like to think that even though he said it was goodbye he actually looked out for her over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread