The Shut-in Newlywed

This was a surprisingly interesting and non-sappy beginning. I wonder what led her to become a shut-in.

Point of correction though: "Niizuma" is not her name but rather Japanese for "new wife" (新妻). So the title is more accurately translated as "The New Wife is a Shut In" or "The Shut-in Newlywed" etc.

Group Leader
Love this! It's a unique but very real, yet still fantastical love story. I love how they're established too. Love it!!

It sound like she just has depression and low self-esteem. Sadly, she is kinda relatable... But, it makes me happy she is happy. Makes me feel like I have a chance.

Double-page supporter
lol i can already tell i'm gonna be her if i ever get married to my boyfriend

Dex-chan lover
We shoud found a massive Red Cross section of psyquiatricts and psycologysts and storm Japan first before anyone else.

I really want to like this, but there hasn't been any "Shut-in" or "Newlywed."

Group Leader
@Swain123 the beginning of her becoming a shut-in is somewhat alluded in ch 4 (with her stomachaches),
but the real beginning is in the next chapter!

I hope this doesn't get REALLY depressing, like maybe a little but not THAT kind of depressing.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
Oh damn, this is...this is autobiographical huh?

I thought it would be a little sillier but honestly this situation makes total sense. She leaves her career and her solo life and dives right into a marriage in a new city, with no job, no friends, no support web at all outside of her husband.
Doing that alone is hard, but there's no pressure to succeed. When you're with someone who cares about you and they see you floundering, it sucks to be witnessed in that state and it adds to your mental load.

It's a lot of change for the sake of one person, and it's not a change you're making together. This makes so much sense and is so easy to accidentally fall into.

bruh, this hits really close

any more hikikomori themed mango?

Users who are viewing this thread