The Shut-in Newlywed

Group Leader
This is a very hard read but I think it's very necessary for people to understand what depression is like abd exactly how bad it can get - it's not like Ura wasn't negative or depressed before hand, but losing control made her spiral.

I really enjoy how the author captured her character, I can't help but relate to this.

Fed-Kun's army
Lowkey one of the most accurate representations of depression I've seen

This is refreshing, I love how Ura always be honest with her feeling and her husband a nice person. Keep on fighting Ura 💜

I LOVE THIS MANGA

Dex-chan lover
This is a super important work and I’m glad I saw it.
Without going into the details of my personal experiences... it is very real.

This was really good and important for me to read, her thoughts are so relatable. The art is also so cute! I love her art style! I'm glad I decided to read this :)

Dex-chan lover
I recommend also reading
Yuuutsu-kun to Succubus-san
It also deals with depression. Is surprisingly well handled despite the title. Like, it's mostly a comedy, but it never jokes about depression itself.

One of the high key elements is perception of good and bad by society. Which is why the person helping him is a succubus, a devil. She tells him to quit his job, make "me time", etc, things that are seen as bad in Japanese society. An angel shows up later and she represents the well meaning but misinformed people, so she thinks saying things like "try harder" and "you can do it if you just try" actually help.

Double-page supporter
A pretty heavy story and depressingly relatable at times, but I'm still glad I got to read it.

Relatable. There's a strange comfort in reading this. I'm glad this part of Ura's life seems to have ended with things looking up, I hope she's doing better.

Users who are viewing this thread