The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 58

@Klordz
he clearly stated at the beginning that he's been dashing for days, so he's way past OP now, unless you meant the mountain adaptation is the OP skill.

I guess i lost the sense of the time flow, also there was no hint that the absorption finished.

Dex-chan lover
@Satyricon You can infer from the text, since the absorption said it would be complete in 24 hours (IIRC) and he said it's been a couple of days

Although he could have thrown in like 1 line saying "the skills should have all been assimilated by now", or even just checking on his status to see what he absorbed (I know I would if I was getting what is essentially a huge level up lol)

what a terrible guy, he didn't give any reward to the dog. a bone could have been ok:(

@TehSDragon
@Satyricon You can infer from the text, since the absorption said it would be complete in 24 hours (IIRC) and he said it's been a couple of days

Although he could have thrown in like 1 line saying "the skills should have all been assimilated by now", or even just checking on his status to see what he absorbed (I know I would if I was getting what is essentially a huge level up lol)

Yeah.. Tho it crossed my mind, what if the skill resets the timer with every new started absorption.

Fed-Kun's army
I think there's only a limit to how many he can absorb in one time, like 50 skills in 24hours, when the 24 hours pass he can absorb 50 skills more.

Dex-chan lover
This f* skeleton is too stupid, for the love of. We already knew he was dumber then a.. dog was it from like 30 chapters ago? Still haven't learned shit.

Fed-Kun's army
@Satyricon
it actually said he'd been using dash to move away from the battle site for several days, so definitely passed the 24 hours mark for those skills

@Shakur
I think it's a bit of both, at his current level it take him 24 hours to absorb a skill and he can absorb up to (50?) skills at once, but that doesn't mean he's capped out his (50?) for the day just because the countdown started

Aggregator gang
Yes, because people won't notice the FUCKING EXPOSED BONES on a cloaked canine. Also, how exactly is an absorb skill "more useless" than he thought? This guy is a retard, or more likely, the author is a retard and doesn't realize that he's writing his supposedly competent character as a retard. Or just plot convenience.

@Sternberg I tried "it" before but people get offended. Unless you think Skeleton isn't a person.

There is also less traditional gender neutral pronouns, zir, zhe etc. But would people understand what I am saying that way?

Dex-chan lover
I bet that mountain passive will be the deus ex he’d be fighting the knight an when his about to lose he’ll complete the aborbtion and get those % stat boost and manage to win

what about MC? it's not a pronoun, but it's short and everyone understand it: If MC could understand that an armor that randomly emits light is dangerous, than MC wouldn't have picked up the most recognizable armor out there in the first place.

And by the way, is no one complaining about how that cub shouldn't be there? Last time (ch 35) soon after MC freed the dog, the hunters arrived. It'd be rather strange if they left the cub inside the trap. particularly when they were "[...] chasing after the [freed] cub" last time. Now that it's trapped they leave it there? But I guess this manhua has such a low consistency that no one is bothered by that.

@ShinobuOshino
That's a fairly minor mistake compared to the absolute retardation of the author to think a piece of torn red cloth would hide the fact it's a skeleton dog, or for the author to think royal armor worn by one of the kingdom's most powerful knights wouldn't stick out, or for an absorption skill that got him all those skills to suddenly be "more useless than he thought" because he got a level 1 skill that gave him an effective +5% to everything when in the mountains. There comes a point where we can't just assume the Skeleton is that retarded and the author themselves must be a bit loony, considering his wisdom is higher than a good amount of humans.

@NazrinMaus
To be fair since the MC has been referred multiple times as a male by their partners, why not "he"? (Unless I'm wrong the blond girl did it many times when speaking to others, including the slime, I can't recall the names currently) besides, regardless of what other says, "it" is still acceptable since is a skeleton, besides if you have problems finding a pronoun, just do what @ShinobuOshino said and use MC, or just call it Skeleton/Skeleton Soldier/Sk/SS or any of those (since apparently Skeleton/Skeleton Soldier is the official name).

@Caid
Don't forget many of these asian languages do have the equivalent of gender neutral pronouns. Translators tend to insert he or she based on assumptions in the story or their own biases. So we can't say for sure they are referring to whoever as any particular gender unless you can read the original language and have access to the raws.
Secondly it's irrelevant if characters refer to the MC as male or not, they have no way to know. Their random assumptions are meaningless. They assumed that female fighter was male solely from being a fighter in armor for example.
Lastly, it's good to have gender neutral pronouns for English, so I sincerely am curious as to what is most acceptable and understandable for the average English speaker. And to have one, not many to suit unique circumstances.

The MC skeleton is a person, has sentience. Would you want people to say it in reference to you if there was a circumstance where your gender was unknown? And that circumstance is now even since I don't know your gender. But no need to tell me, just tell me what gender neutral pronoun you'd prefer to use for you with us not knowing. I assume you would not like to be called an "it" and I have a relative that considers themselves as the other gender and has definitely told me that "it" was unacceptable.

Contributor
Enemy Knight GoogleTron
-> wants to know your location

[Allow] [Block]

@truepurple I assumed and am pretty sure MC is male, based off height and bone characteristics (Head size, Collar bone, Rib Cage Size, Bone Thickness, etc.). If you go by that then I'm 95% positive he's a male skeleton.

Aggregator gang
@truepurple although the gender has not been stated, the way the skeleton is drawn is male. Women and men have a different bone structure. So unless the artist has intentionally been drawing a male skeleton as a distraction (which is possible) or failed at biology (unlikely since they have been pretty detailed in their bone drawings so far) this is most likely a male.

Has anyone else reflected over how trash this manga is? I'm not sure why I read it.

Users who are viewing this thread