The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 1 Ch. 60

Dex-chan lover
Ah good, time for my weekly dose of people whining in the comments.

Lol. I find it funny that taking the jaw off the skeleton makes him mute. I mean, I can see the logic in it, but it also clashes with the logic that he doesn't have any lungs anyway. Nor muscles, larynx etc.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hye1901 its crazy right? but maybe the magic thats making him vocalize uses his lower jaw or some bs along those lines.

Dex-chan lover
Lol he's literally a skeleton and he can't escape ropes? lololooolololoolololololo

What I expected: Knight-kun interrogating Skelly-chan while revealing a bit about himself and the Empire.

What I got: Ninja fox nun OS Knight-kun!

...Seriously, if the knight is really dead I will join the dark side and only come here to complain.

Dex-chan lover
Looking at the formula: MC will get attached to her, she will die, MC takes her powers. I'm calling it.

Fed-Kun's army
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Not that any of us would mind that? Especially seeing as it seems that she's not the usual character that spends an entire chapter doing a monologue just to get a half-chapter fight with the characters.

Edit: I also find it very interesting with the fact that the knight removed the MC's jawbone. I don't think it was to silence the MC, but to force the "owner" to come there. I think the knights thoughts was that the "owner" communicated through the skeleton, not that the skeleton itself had a counciousness.

Double-page supporter
@Eclipse01
Do you not see how stupid that "gotcha" is? I think the physicalities with walking, and swing a sword, are obvious. A leg supports the body. An arm swings the sword. A jaw IS NOT the sole or even majority reason for speaking. Having magic as an excuse for bones moving or a voice being made is one thing, but missing stupid little details due to laziness is another. Try not straw-manning and making ridiculous false comparisons.

Dex-chan lover
"Is it friend or is it foe, the pny wonders"

Now is the time things start getting then "WTF is going on" treatment.

Double-page supporter
@mahtan
I was nitpicking how stupid it is that taking the jaw off of the talking skeleton prevents it from speaking when the jaw is probably the least involved relevant piece of the body to speaking, certainly when it comes to the actual sound, and especially when we don't have those other integral parts. No lungs, vocal cords, tongue, lips, larynx etc. It's just a stupid detail that's kind of lazily ignored. Like you want me to believe magic reanimated him, helps him move, create memories and make sounds? Okay, but now all off a sudden take away a piece of bone and he can no longer speak? Fuck off, that just seems stupid and lazy.

The guy I responded to somehow thought that was comparable to a leg being used to walk or an arm swinging a sword. There's an obvious difference there, at least I think there is. Obviously the magic excuse can be used in sense to justify any inconsistency but that's lazy and I can do it just as well and it gets us no where when the argument is unfalsifiable and can be used by either side. Even more so when there's effectively no lore / explanations to such functionalities.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja
I see, well you are right but I would rise that maybe it still needs the movement as if it was speaking to be able to speak, since otherwise would need some more imagination than our MC has demonstrated so far, so maybe he can speak without the jaw but he just ddon't know how.

Double-page supporter
@mahtan
I think you're just giving this author too much credit. Everything about this manhwa and this author is half-assed. I do accept that in a given story there could be a decent reason or explanation, but not in this series. It's garbage up and down the aisle and the author just wasn't paying attention, he didn't leave details to be filled in by the reader, he completely forgot about them.

There's a difference between readers speculating the reasons / explanations into the inner workings of a story and readers trying to justify the inconsistent content of a story. One is acceptable, the other is not. It's like trying to solve a real world mystery, the other is trying to defend flat earth or equivalent conspiracies. Honestly, the complaint doesn't really matter, I was just pointing out a stupid and inconsequential detail that was ignored; just another little thing to the overall blaze that is this story.

Dex-chan lover
I miss times from before the cult meeting. Now it seems like every chapter is written by someone else and nothing makes sense, it's just "let's throw our Skelly against uber OP guys without any sense of plot direction" and the skill absorb skill made it even worse.
Even funnier is that you can knock Skelly unconscious by hitting his head or stop him from talking by taking away the jaw (but I can see some sense in that one tbh). But the funniest thing is that as a literal skeleton he can be tied up by hands/legs. WTF Skelly, you can just dislocate the arm/leg and then just pick it up and attach it again. You ARE a skeleton ffs.

This was fun until the cult meeting, the "checkpoint" was just too far back and made most of the plot and character progression irrelevant

@relic626 Yeah, probably something along those lines. Probably something about symbolic magic, like how he can walk because he has "legs". It does make me wonder, how often has the empire found talking skeletons, since he knew removing the jaw would shut him up. Or was he just so annoyed that he just hoped it would work :D

Fed-Kun's army
@Hye1901 there is so many things to question in that chapter, its better to just leave it alone i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread