The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 2 Ch. 110

Oops, accidentally opted into buying ICBM site. Gonna feel real silly when he can't even really use it.

Display Monitor: "Due of annoying-readers' ceaseless-complaints, the point system has changed to a percentage for ease of marking." 😛

Dex-chan lover
Im totally confused what is going on, also did he get no level ups from killing the wurm? Also, hope he gets some abilities from it too when he drains it.

I also think the protection it talks about is how the wurm didnt attack him and went beserk. Or how the snake ignored him or how he killed that apostle. It only works on monsters, not people.

Dex-chan lover
@SweatyBrie Yeah, but we got to see some cool shit, so what does it matter? It's not like the comic ever tried to pass itself off as something particularly cerebral.

Sometimes I just think he's a sentient game character in a game with visual novel and RPG mechanics. But we're only seeing it from his POV. XD and never from an outsider.

The author keeps changing the rules and adding new systems with no logical progression from each other. First's it's level up, then it's skill stealing, and now this.

ALso pretty sure I forgot one or two systems the author added.

It's not that adding things is a problem by itself. BUt there are so few rules and logic to how they are added and work with each other than it feels overly made up.

Like if this was a game it would be the worst game system I've EVER seen.

In fact what happened to levels? Did the author ditch that for this new system because they didn't want to keep track of that anymore? I'm not asking the story be realistic. I'm just asking it to feel consistent and add things in a logical progression.

@Yerouch but that is exactly the problem. We just keep getting more checov's guns without any signs of then being used or relating to each other. It just feels too arbitrary and it would just be nice if the author made use of all the current mechanics better instead of throwing new ones in all the time.

Contributor
"Collect 99 more stamps for your complimentary Death Star"

If so, worth it, if only to make cool poses while laughing manically on the bridge.

More seriously, it feels more and more like he's just an amnesiac player stuck in a VR game or some such... which by itself would be such a gosh-darn boring explanation for what's going on, by and large—though I suppose, conversely, an amazing presentation of what such an otherwise-boring concept would be and feel like to someone not-in-the-know.

@Metazoxan yeah, your arguments are reasonable. I was just annoyed by the comments like "Oh, this just turned into another gamer reincarnation manwha", when nothing really changed. I should've been more accurate with my previous comment.

Users who are viewing this thread