The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 2 Ch. 127

Double-page supporter
Nice callback to the goblins from the beginning. Been nearly 80 chapters+ since that was finished. Its nice that it all connects down the line. Now all thats left is for the nun to make more sense.

@Soonbesoon @Fari

The Snake talked about him going on a personal quest earlier this chapter when skelly asked about Brody Baldof. He was one of the top 3 furson worshipper with Slime and Aezar thats why Skelly wanted to know, if they are coming now that he slaughtered alot of Fursons worshipper.

@VenerableImmortal

The translation on this series have been so wonky as hell and only became fully readable here thanks to prstone/doot squad. From what i got is raws for 111-127 have been donated by flamescan to doot and i really hope they at least contacted him, but even he mentioned he thought they would take over now.

@BarakRhys

Did u guys work stuff out with prstone? He still works to fix all the machine/bad translations that are left from 85-90 from what i see and had all up to 129 ready to go, but couldnt get the raws from the kakao page. He did a really great job at high speed til now.

Group Leader
@VenerableImmortal @Zero13
Dude, I worked along with prstone and omfganimal for that mass release. I even sent them the raws for a few chapters. And this is not a snipe, they took my permission to release those chapters.

Group Leader
@VenerableImmortal @Zero13
Prstone doesn't have the raws from kakaopage, he cleans the watermarks and enhances the quality.
He only works on the previous chapters with bad quality. And no, there's no competition between us, we were in fact gonna work together on skeleton soldier, but that's after prstone is done with the previous chapters.

Double-page supporter
@BarakRhys

Yeah he just got kicked off the discord and wasnt sure what was going on with the series from the comment he left on the series page here 3 days ago. Im aware he said Flamescans would take over and the raws were donated by them and there was no bad blood, but just hope he got a heads up at least after that.

Group Leader
@Zero13
The main person who worked on chapters 111-126 was not prstone, but in fact omfganimal. So ofc, he knew what happened. Prstone did the QC only I believe. And I'm not sure about what happened at the discord, but I remember seeing him enter the discord server, but uh, he didn't click on the verification button xD.

Should have shouted the cheek cheek cheek in his own tongue to make it easier like the goblin leader mentioned back then. Forgot what that password was in noncheek speech.

@BarakRhys
I think he knows that. Zero just wanted to know if you guys least told prstone that you are working on it. The comment on the main section seemed like he wasnt sure what was going on and him getting kicked seemed weird lol. He afterall filled gaps and redid over 40 chapters to make it actually readable here over a month and is still working on them to up the quality.

I mean in the new release from 15h ago of 85 dude even talked about gettting the raws. So seems like he didnt get informed at all, which is just shitty.

@BarakRhys I'm actually a bit sad that there's no competition because it usually leads to improvement. BTW, you may not like what I will write but please do understand that I'm only doing this because I care and I want people to be better.

On the basics,
1. Exert more effort in centering and shaping. In Photoshop, you can select the area inside the bubble and use the Align layers (after selecting Move Tool) if you're unsure of your own judgment. Just in case you are unaware, your texts are a bit lower from the center.
ZcU3JNi.png

2. If the "1" looks very similar to "i" or "l", just use the word "One", instead of capital "I" or better use a similar-looking font. You have already changed the literal "T&T" to "T and T", so changing things isn't outside your range.
aPnsSfN.jpg

3. Replace the "..." and "!!!" if your chosen font looks substantially different.
CAgxTuF.jpg

4. It should be "altar" not "alter"

On the matters of judgment,
1. I don't agree with changing styles that were not based on the raw. But I understand that it can be boring to limit yourself.
2. Komika Boo doesn't fit the context. The different outline of the bubble is already enough. Anyway, just be consistent with use of the font. Suddenly the snake guy stopped using the 'scared font'. Same problem with this one:
qbJuG10.png

I know I'm being unnecessarily picky. :D

Dex-chan lover
@BarakRhys Image 3, "alter" should be "altar" (in two spots). Image 5, "a rise has been granted" should maybe be something like "an increase" or maybe "buff." Image 6, "even the weakest targets that I couldn't draw essence from their bodies are now..." should be something like "...that I couldn't draw essence from before are now..." Image 7, "appears to be I" should be "appears to be me." Image 11, "mug cash" was called "mud cash" on earlier pages.

It might be nice to use romanizations of names previous translators used. At least, Isaac instead of Isac.

SGR

Double-page supporter
I'm iffy about Flame-Scans. I'll wait a month or two before reading to make sure that this is not a snipe.

Dex-chan lover
@SGR not a snipe doot mentioned this in as a comment I believe in the last or maybe first chapter he released stating he wasn’t sniping flame scan and that he asked them if he can upload the stuff he has made already and after that all future chapters are handled by flame scans

Group Leader
@SGR @Saepul
Again I'm explaining, this is not a snipe, omfganimal worked on the mass release, just to catch up to the raw chapters quickly and I helped them with providing the raws for a few chapters. I can even show you the discord dms between him and me.
@knismaps
Some of the romanization used by the previous TL may have been wrong, but I'll try to stick to the previous names from now on.
@VenerableImmortal
Mate, there's nothing fun about snipe/scanlation wars. Competition doesn't necessarily mean improvement. And the fixes that you've mentioned are like, the most unnoticeable ones. That's what happens when you try to QC a series at 3 am lol. I'll fix them up soon, dw

Users who are viewing this thread