The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 2 Ch. 130

Group Leader
was that the voice of isaac or was it malphas speaking through him i wonder...

Group Leader
@albirew I'm pretty sure it was Isaac. He's speaking with the same speech bubbles used when talking in skele's head when he was trapped in the amulet, earlier in this chapter he mentions his intention to fix up the camp himself (implying that he already planned to take control of it,) and the hand holding the chess piece at the end of the chapter was his. (For reference, see his bling in chapter 125 during the scenes where he's giving Skele bedroom eyes.)

Dex-chan lover
I have to say after finally catching up that this is my favorite timeline so far. Isaac has grown on me such good bro to skele and Rubia.

Aggregator gang
Nice Skelly bro is becoming a Skelly Commander.

Thanks for the TLs Doot Doot

Dex-chan lover
@tyli0

A joke implies it's supposed to be funny.
yours clearly wasn't, thus making it a bad joke.

the only thing you succeeded with was wasting everybody's time.
If that was what you wanted in the first place, congratulations you did something pretty pointless.

@Goldenzeal
Not all jokes are supposed to be funny, please learn your nouns
Something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

Sooo... The Doot's coming back? Or is it just one-off and would be continued by Flamescans?

Group Leader
@Saepul Moving forward, we will be releasing jointly. I'll be translating, and Flame-Scans will be cleaning and typesetting. I'm looking forward to it.

Dex-chan lover
@tyli0

Everything you just quoted implies that it should be funny or amusing, which by its definition is pretty much the same.
In fact, a joke NEEDS to be funny or it's not a joke at all by the definition you just gave, and the one if the oxford dictionary.

Clearly, you are the one who needs to learn your nouns.
Stop trying to sound smarter then you are, you are just embarrassing yourself at this point.
In fact, you should look up the meaning of "damp squib" if anything.

@prstone Thanks. That clarified everything. I'm not dieharding over one of them, but seeing fans disputing over some miscommunication kinda broke my heart a little. 😅

@Goldenzeal
Hey I'm not the one who got triggered by a joke 😏
I shouldn't have tried lecturing someone as intellectual as you apparently, as you seem to know what you are doing.

Group Leader
@Mother_Mushroom
well hmm the term [ 'Legacy' Item ] adds even more credibility to the vidya gem theories.
Oh man, I wanted to nerd out on that word in particular in a translator's note, but it would have been waaaay too wordy to fit there.
As an fyi, this is the word that Jaimini's Box translated as 'inheritance' in reference to the motorcycle-bug and fox mask in the nun arc.
The biggest reason why I changed it, was because that term was already used more accurately for the inheritance system in action when Skele reincarnates ("Inheritance Complete") and the Korean term used for that status window (계승) is a different term than the one used to describe the items(유산.) I didn't want people to mistakenly believe that the manhwa is implying that the items and Skele's reincarnation are interrelated. (It's my understanding that the status window's 계승 has more to do with successions in a consecutive series, and the item's 유산 is closer to a cultural inheritance, and is also used in reference to abortion, of all things.)

I chose the term 'legacy' in particular, because it very precisely fit the nature of the objects in the sense that they are "relating to, associated with, or carried over from an earlier time."
I'm a fan of the video game theory, and thought the double meaning regarding computer systems would be a cool little tell if the theory plays out, however, I most often see the English loan word 레거시(regosi) when used in conjunction with computer terminology. I can't recall seeing 유산 used, but I haven't done much translation work where the term would come up in that connotation. Maybe another Korean translator would know?

Either way, take the term with a grain of salt when it comes to the vidya gems. It could be translator bias. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread