The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon - Vol. 2 Ch. 138

I've got bad feeling about this. That's a pretty big smile on the face of a person who just got told off and figuratively told to go diaf.

Aggregator gang
@Eshtha Skelly just a basic skeleton. He hasn't even advanced his class yet. You saw what Marquis Leandro was like when he hunted skelly down for stealing his girls armor. that same dude that cross an ocean and fought inside a Kraken was offed like a secondary mob character by the "Lady". Gis, a Necromancer so strong that she leveled up Skelly just by touching him, who controlled an army of Skeletons much stronger than him, was insta-gibbed by the "knight from the portal". Isaac, just two chapters ago mind you, who had over seen all of his advancement and has been carefully guiding him the entire time; TOLD HIM that he wasn't a match for tower wizards. I don't understand why anyone would be surprised that the very thing he was told would happen two chapters ago did happen. The only mildly surprising thing is that he managed to at least singe their hair.

@Mother_Mushroom Isaac is a dirty back stabbing bastard, a habitual liar, and an instigator. He's the kid in middle school who tells one kid that this other kid said some shit about his momma, then goes to the other kid and says "Yo, that guy over there said you ain't shit and he wants to meet you out back after school" just to watch the two kids fight each other for no reason. All that being said, he owns up to the fact that he's an ass, so any criticism becomes "stating the obvious". But the bigger reason Isaac is so popular is that he's actually intelligent unlike the MC. He plans things out and even though he's manipulative and conniving, it's a damn sight better than the MC who fails to think even the most basic things through. Basically the story has gotten the reader to a point where they'll accept any sort of intelligent though process even if it's from a character they know can't be trusted.

XL

Dex-chan lover
Can't he just prop a spear and run into it and kill himself... or something? God this is getting ridiculous.

C'mon stop being so angry with the Skelly and said things like "stupid" etc, he's a skeleton FFS and skeleton didn't had any brain to start with.. so until he change his class into some monster which may had brain functions properly in them then it's a given if skelly is somewhat do irrational things and driven only by emotions manifesting in his soul (undead)..

Fed-Kun's army
@degenerateafro there is also the fact that even though Isaac is a manipulative bastard, he considered Rubia at least a close acquaintance and was kind enough to give her a quick death, so she would not end up a mind broken shell of a person who cannot even function on the most basic of levels, IF she even managed to survive all that time until skelly could "save her".

Whereas Skelly upon learning this, and hearing what the mages would have done to her if she did not die, would have much preferred her to go through hellish torture.

Skelly also knows now that any of the silver goop he puts on himself will carry over to the next run. He could have continued with Isaac and got the goop from the capital, and than reset and start even more powerful than last time and actually have better progress. But no, he is an idiot who obsesses over each girl he comes across to the point he will rather kill himself to try again with no plan, even though each time results in failure one way or the other unless he gets lucky.

i know this is basically affirming what you said, but dangit i needed to rant lol.

I'd rather have MC who's dumber than a brick; smack his head into the wall that is his problems a thousand times than having to suffer Isaac as his companion.

I would've preffered meaningful growth from MC's side but alas it seems we're just stuck with the murdering asshole Isaac and him using the characters around him to fulfil his goals.

Yes, I hate Isaac. He can go get fucked and die in a hole.

@OmniBear Skeleton has a massive savior complex, so yes, of course he wishes she was still alive. Her dying is a sign of his 'failure'. He also doesn't know if his 'respawn point' will be far enough back for him to actually save her. For all he knows, going along with Isaac's plot to get stronger has made it impossible or not to save Rubia.

Even if we consider the fact that he went forwards in time, and then all the way back to the start after his journeys with blonde girl. The respawn time is a hit or miss

Damn skelly boi is saved by isacc yet again. Im pretty sure isacc is gonna end up being bone meal for our boi its the only way I can see him being powerful enough to really save rubia from the grand scheme of things that she is and unfortunate cog in but good shit keep going.

Users who are viewing this thread