The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon

Caught up again.

Why Rubia bro leave her alone, she was even confused about the skelly she summoned "I just followed the book". 😪

Oh boy! I can’t wait to re- *insert chapters not loading on any browser* whoops I forgot what site I was on.

@GoddamnWeebs

Supposedly it's from a finished novel or webnovel. Which would mean everything had been setup for proper foreshadowing rather than everything being completely random. Only translation I've seen of the novel looked pretty broken so no idea if that's exactly how he ends up, but wouldn't be surprising.

DootSquands apparently having issues getting RAWs it seems? can anyone here help em out with that?

Is this another feud between groups or are they cooperating? I'm definitely missing something...

Funfact: This could absolutely be due to artist error, but the 3D model they use for Mr. Skeleton's naked skele body is actually a female skeleton! Wide hips, small ribcage.
Little fan theory just for fun: Maybe Mr. Skele forgot their original gender in life along with their name. Or maybe all monsters are genderless like Slime! Mr. Skele doesn't seem to care about gender anyway. 👍

Group Leader
@yesir360 omfganimal and I scanlated all the chapters that we had raws for. There is absolutely no bad blood between us. The raws we had were very generously donated by Ashura and Flame Scans, and due to my inability to figure out how to create a login for kakao page without it giving me an 'invalid input' error, I'm unable to buy more chapters myself.

I've offered to work with Flame Scans as a translator to get the chapters out in a timely fashion, but I was kicked off their discord after the offer was made. I'm not sure if that's a feud situation so much as a miscommunication, but regardless they don't seem like they are interested in a collaboration. I'm not sure if they intend to continue scanlating Skeleton Soldier at all since it's not listed in their active titles on their page.

I'm not asking for someone to buy the raws for me. I just need someone who's familiar with the process to at least point out where I'm going wrong with getting the raws. (I'm using a korean vpn and a korean email...)

Ultimately, I have everything translated up through the latest chapter (129.) So this can go one of four ways:
Either I get the raws and clean and typeset the releases to get us fully caught up,
someone able to get raws is willing to collab and we get it cranked out together,
someone else does all the work on a release and my translations were good practice for me,
or I clean the watermarks off freely available versions of the chapters (roughly 180 watermarks per chapter) and the next chapter comes out.... eventually.

The last option is the worst case scenario. I don't care who puts the chapters out, so long as they are released in a timely fashion, and are of a readable quality. So anyone who wants to use my translations is welcome to contact me. 😀

Dex-chan lover
@prstone

That sounds rough. I think Flame scans currently got a feud with Devmax over Dungeon Reset, who was or is still part of a group known as Dods squad? and it sounds similiar to yours. So might be because of that.

You could try asking some other korean translator that do Kakao Webtoons about it like method scans for peerless dad for example, but idk if they active on MD or only on their own page.

Anyway wish you best of luck as this series is really pretty great.

@WillofRose

Would find it funny personally. For me skeletons are usually all default male too. Its a nice catch that you could compare to other skeletons to see if the author didnt put as much thought into it or if he actually draws the enemy ones with a male anatomy.

@prstone Sounds rough. Hopefully you'll resolve it one way or another, sorry I can't help much. And I agree, the huge number of watermarks for some webtoon raws are really annoying... (spowiki and newtoki), lets hope it doesn't come to option 4.

I find it interesting that the sites are using Princess Connect Re:Dive characters on their banners/watermarks, etc. Seems unlikely that they'd have licensed use of it. Could they get in trouble if someone reported it? But I wouldn't know. (There's even Saitama and Re:Zero characters used...)

Ih

Good at the start but
a girl with futuristic tech decided to invade the story at around chapter 60 so i dropped

I kinda liked the old cover more, due to the armor just looking amazingly dark.

@Ih Thats the low point of the series. Alot of it is the fault of the translators in that arc tho.
They turned Gis System, which can be pretty simple into darn google maps and made some other bad translation changes, which just make it seem hilariously stupid. After that it connects it much better, especially once Lu-Lium and the titans get introduced and more backstory on Leandro gets shown. That google maps insert from the translators really killed me in that arc lol.

My review: It's been 1 year since the first time i read this and you know what I never get bored of this manhwa other might says the storyline is not good but the fact that it make me entertained everytime i read it hold a lot of meaning to me. Having good story alone is not enough, the most important factor is to keep the readers to stay. I've read a lot of manga, manhwa, manhua etc but there's only a handful of them that I still read even after a long time. I'm quite picky so the ones that I didn't dropped is like a special things always keep my spirit up just waiting for a new chapter alone is enjoyable for me. Overall thank you to everyone that have translated this also great job author for creating this masterpiece your hard work pay off cause you just got one loyal fan. This is just my personal review but anyone that's the same as me might be able to relate and I assure you the adventure element on this manhwa is good as you watch the mc revived everytime he died and uncover his identity so make sure to give it a try!

I actually really like this one.
Sometime feels like the story is a bit all over the place and kinda confusing, now and then you have no idea, the fuck, is going on and who, the fuck, all of those peoples are
But I rather like this part about the story than dislike it, kinda helps you to associate yourself with the MC better. You get the same amount of information as him, MC does not understand what is going on as well and we see the story from his POV.
Feels kinda, I dunno, realistic maybe??

Group Leader
@prstone honestly, fuck the third option.
I cannot help you on this, but this option will definitely wear you out of scanlation. This does not become practice, much less a hobby and surely nothing enjoyable, it would become a chore at that point.
Someone can help you (or you can help someone), for which I believe many of us would be extremely grateful (you can bath in gratitude at the very least, eh !) but definitely scrap that idea of clearing watermarks.

Thank you for trying your best at updating this series, I hope someone will be able to help you solve your issue with the raws.

Group Leader
@prstone
Man, please contact me at discord. Idk what the fuck happened, I swear to god that I didn't kick/ban you. And ofc, I'm interested in a collab, I did message you at md, remember? Anyway, here's my discord name/tag:
@BarakRhys#5286

Users who are viewing this thread