The Song of Theodor

@Andrea84200
Ch. 23 has been uploaded by Saints Row. The 'Knights of Earl Grey' (former Bobba Scans) are most likely still working on Ch. 22 (and 23).

Uahh master muller :'(, imma crying here.. please dont let me hanging here for too long TT-TT) how can they put death sentence without furhter inspection.. but anyway thanks for your hardwork for translating it! Luv u guys!

Because of I've been reading many reincarnation storied? I don't think I like MC. I feel that the MC is too weak
and naive. All she know is cry and no action. I hope she develop more in the future.

OMG the saddest ch ever! 😭😭😭 why is she so weak 💢 thanks for the translation 💕

heroine is kinda of useless. doesnt have any outstanding character traits, always gets saved and even when she tries, she still fails to accomplish anything on her own. her brother (the prince) seems far more competent and promising of a future ruler. he has authority and powerful looking trusty retainers by his side, the respect garnered only towards a future leader, more responsibility on his shoulders and still manages to remain more calm and wise disposition then his emotional sheltered princess of a sister who doesnt know the first thing about the political and economic situation of her own country probably spent most of her time just playing around and enjoying herself.

falls in love and quickly too, forgetting how many of her citizens burned to death while she was making out with the one responsible for burning her home to the ground.

@Red2005dragon You know what? You raise a good point. I thought that bad guys usually have dramatic lighting or something but actually ...idk. This proves I was wrong? Yes that's about it. I was proven wrong. Manga tropes aren't as clear cut as I thought.

Caught up to Chapter 31. Manhua gets a bad rep, but this one should not. It has really good art, from the people all the way to the backdrop designs — lots of eye candy here. It’s kinda similar to the better korean isekai manhwas, without the isekai. And the fact that it’s placed in a Ancient Grecian-Roman/ Persian inspired setting makes it interesting and fresh from the period dramas manhwas/manhuas that tend to be set in victorian-georgian era type style. World-building thus far is relatively easy to follow, since there are only 3 main nations.

It’s mainly a star-crossed romance, with not much love triangle. ML is quite likable from the start, and your heart strings really feel for him. FL is okay. Some people find her annoying, but I think she’s alright given the type of society that’s brought up in, where she has very little opportunities or power despite being princess. Over the chapters, you see how she matures and I think she’ll get increasingly more brave and interesting. They are quite cute together, and you can of see why they relate to one another since both of them are not technically prisoners, but feel like prisoners.

Other side characters thus far are generally likeable, or intriguing, at least nice to look at. No annoying comic reliefs here, but I guess the villains can be annoying coz you hate them.

Politics here makes sense, without being too heavy or difficult to understand. THere is a lot, a lot of drama, but it doesn’t feel like over the top. There’s some aspects where racism is explored, as well as the whole ‘Us-vs-Them’ mentality, which is better handled than I expected without being too much.

Pacing here is a bit on the fast side, with quite a lot of events happening by Chapter 30, but I’m fine with that. Honestly, these things don’t need to be dragged.

So overall, I’d give the art 9/10, the plot 8/10, and characters 7.5/10. Worth the read and will look forward to seeing more.

manhua gets a bad rep, but this one seems fantastic thus far

intriguing story, good worldbuilding, likable characters, and absolutely fantastic art

definitely worth the read

Huge thanks for all the time and effort into the TLs.
---------------------------------------------------
This is some really bad writing from the author.

There's betrayal at every corner that it's frustrating. As if betrayal and drama is the only thing that can drive this story forward.

Every word that comes out of the main character can't save her own skin. If she can weave her words better, like Muller, it would put herself in a favorable position but she often speaks out on emotion. Maybe you can argue that she's young and possibly even neglected since the king doesn't value her as anything but a political tool (revealed in first few chapters so no spoiler mark). But she gets the opportunity to study? At least you can see that she starts to grow later.

- Catalysts driving the story forward gets a thumbs down
- Hurrah for potential character growth (not just the MC).
- I like the quick pacing, but
0 problems have been solved and I don't see anyone actively working on a solution.
- Nice art

Read up to Ch. 33.

Wow, I was not expecting that! I like where this is going! 😁

Thank you for translating!!! ♥️♥️♥️

@CNC-cut Personally, the betrayal thing isn't bothering me. I think it was at first, but I just recognised it to be the part of the mood and setting of the story to just be overall depressing. What I will criticise though, is the pacing. People got killed off before we even made a connection with them. Sometimes, I feel as if things are rushed.
Whether it be Latio's imprisonment and escape, whether it be the prince's death. Even the uprising could have been fleshed out a teeny bit more.
I do appreciate however that the characters are built up for a dramatic plot twist in a convincing way. Sure, I barely got time to connect with them,
but Sienna pretending to be her brother was something I knew would come, and I think they explained her motives for it very well. She needs to prove to herself that she can be strong. She needs to prove that she can think logically. She needs to grow up. She needs to pretend to be her brother to survive. In a way, a problem is getting resolved. The problem being her immaturity. I'm just impressed that the author brought out her motives so well, even though she was kinda annoying for most of the story AND people dropped like flies only for dramatic effect.

I couldn't figure out the wizard dude's whole deal until I realised that he needed to be at least one person that supports Sienna and knows her secret. It's all coming together. Hopefully he won't get killed off or turn out to be evil. It'd be interesting to see him become and ally, however, it all depends on the author's level of storytelling.
Once again, I think it's biggest problem is pacing. Sometimes, it seems like the author has a goal and a dramatic story point to build up, and doesn't spend time drawing out the readers' emotions enough. I think they do it very well sometimes. The evil blonde prince (I forgot his name), well, he's very easy to hate. He's a layered character and his layers actually make him so detestable because he's so conniving. I think that the author has skill.

When you said that the 0 problems have been solved, maybe I'll be proven wrong in the future and 0 problems really won't be solved, but so far, it looks like the main part of the story hasn't quite arrived yet. The cover displays them slightly older, so I suspect that the author wants the meat of the story (where they to resolve all the conflicts) to be later on. I think we're close though. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread