The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

I honestly don't understand why sniping is a problem this series is neither the property of this user nor the other scanlation team so why is everyone telling them to stop so bad? pls don't attack me or anything i just don't understand why.

@irmaars21
It's not a matter of whether or not DnA publishes chapters faster. This is a matter of disrespecting another teams efforts towards a series. Not only have they sniped another group but have also blatantly ignored communicating with them. They're upsetting people, and they know it.
If you wanna support a rude group because you'd rather be selfish just to get your fix of faster, half-assed releases, then go right ahead.

Personally, I'm going to stick to DnA's releases because I appreciate the work they put behind their translations. When comparing DnA's chapter 9 scan to the one No Named Group released, the disparity in quality is so clear. If it means that I am receiving polished work, then I am willing to properly wait for releases if they decide to continue supporting this project.

In the end, for readers it's a choice of which one you'd rather read:
"If I think again, at a time like this, there is a terror bomb...!" vs. "Come to think of it, there was a terrorist bombing that happened around this time."
and it's clear I'd rather support the latter.

oh yes, the usual "convention" made by milkers scans group.

+1 irmaars21

DnA post times aren't even that bad. They were at chapter 4 for crying out loud. If it was a common trend of posting once every two months and there's a growing massive backlog of untranslated chapters then I'd be somewhat fine.

yet raw are at 28 🤑

who said they ignored? D&A? proof? they can say whatever they want like with another group saying they got 'sniped' and have 'leaked' screenshot
meanwhile d&a sniped too 🤣

all in all i don't support anyone but the fact remains that no one is in the right

Here I am reading the comments but not related to the story. Thank you so much for the update tho. Everyone is busy critizing each other lol. Look how cool the female lead come up to save the duke. Gahhh I love this manhwa already🥰

Claude forever yeah!!

What's making me laugh most is probably all the people who complain about this, at the end of the day, still come back here to read your chapters since they're already out. Don't let those nasty comments stop you guys from doing what you enjoy!

I posted claude forever not realizing you have sniped from DNA translations. They spent hours translating, qcing and checking only for you guys to just give a chapter with bad translations and grammar... it's kinda sad. if i was DNA i would just stop translating.

@6f0909 but that's just it--the community HASN'T set ground rules. A handful of groups decided that they felt certain ways about certain behaviors, and people who joined the community because they liked their work assumed it was gospel. It's not. There is in fact no general consensus among groups about sniping--if you thought so, it's because the groups you've seen talk about it are in the same circle.

For example, what is the specific agreed upon time frame wherein you can assume that a series has been abandoned? 12 months? 6 months? 2 months? A week? Where were these rules discussed and agreed upon where the tens of thousands of translator groups out there all got to make their say on what they felt about the situation?

A lot of groups don't even care--they will just keep uploading their chapters, or wait and continue off if the other translator drops the project, or even use common sense and recruit the person translating the series at breakneck pace and add them to the team so they can have their translator work on another project for a while.

Hmmm idk man I honestly think that the one has the right to ask fan translator to stop scanlating the series is the official publisher, author, or the artist, not another fan scanlator. I know that DnA put much effort and love for this series and I really appreciate that, but at the end of the day this is a labour of love after all. None of you has the official permission to scanlate it. And I see none of you complaining (including me honestly) when there's a fan scanlation ahead of the official one. Can't they be called sniping too, when the official one do as much as effort as the fan and bring benefit to author and artist? They got paid, yeah, but at least it paid the author and the artist too. And it helps the series to survive and this industry to grow.

The only issue I have with this group is that they refused any form of communication which is why this blow up like this.

@Paradoxicull
Ahhhh, alright. If that's how it is, then that's how it is.
Honestly, I'm tired out by this mess. I'll just wait patiently for DnA's scans and move on.

The biggest danger of this little sniping competition is of both groups burning out and dropping the series... but until that happens, at least we can enjoy some quick updates.

Dex-chan lover
Did he really just throw the armed maniac to the ground thinking that the problem is solved with that ?

Users who are viewing this thread