The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

Why don’t you just actually talk with the other group? You don’t have to “ask for permission”, just flat out say “I’m not stopping” if you feel that way and sort it out amongst yourselves. Why bother putting up polls? Ffs stop trying to pit the readers against either group.

If you guys are just training is there really a need to snipe a manwha that going at a good pace with better quality?

If it's just an experiment, please take up an untranslated manhwa. There are many out there. Stop sniping other groups. Also, please have a discussion with the other groups. It is one of the basic etiquettes you guys should learn if you want to stay in scanlations world. Also, atrocious translations- you guys are basically MTLing this with no regard for grammar. Have some courtesy. Instead of sniping a group which has a dedicated translator, do your thing in some other manhwa.

Fed-Kun's army
People talking about this comic as if it's a virgin.

I get it. You want their first time to be special. No one deserves them better than you do. But now those bastards got to them first. Defiled them. What's even the point anymore? You could have offered them so much better, and now it's all ruined. No one else can ever translate them ever again. It just wouldnt feel the same. God, that is so demotivating isn't it? That it only takes one translation for it to become used goods. Disgusting.

@ActiveInternetSandwich I mean, how will completely ignoring all other groups stop them from staying in the scanlations world? There is literally no downside because they're not actually doing anything wrong (I mean, technically scanlating is illegal, but all groups are doing that). All groups are independent and can do and scan whatever they want. What other groups do doesn't affect them in any way unless they decide to feel affected by it.

Also, everyone complaining about the translation quality who is monolingual can't even do unreadable translations, let alone passable translations on the level of this one. If you're not fluent in at least two languages you don't have even a shred of room to criticize.

Thanks for your hard work and effort in translating and releasing this series. Like you guys said yourselves, anyone is welcomed to translate their own version of this manga. So, please don't feel disheartened by all of the negativity from picky readers. Just like the saying, "beggars can't be choosers". It is hypocritical of me to say this, but they didn't put in any effort other than raising a finger to push a button on a computer to open and read this manga, myself included. If it wasn't for you guys picking this series up, it wouldn't even be on here, very much like so many great mangas that have been dropped or never ever picked up.

I personally like having fast releases to see what's going on in the story before a more traditional release can be obtained. I can live with a few grammatical errors and have even come to see how much effort people put into their translations despite English not being their first language, it's not mine either. Let them throw shade. I've been in that state of mind before, and hopefully they'll learn from it like I did. If not, then they'll be missing out on a lot of great releases.

@Paradoxicull
Yes, but it's just one of those things these groups usually do. Of course there is nothing that CAN stop them on paper, but it's more of a convention that groups tend to follow here.
In this world you can more or less do whatever you want if there no binding rules however even then you inherently follow some conventions and extend courtesy to otherwise right?
They say respect your parents- there is no written legally enforceable law about that. Kids are free to do whatever they want, but a lot of them do respect their parents. If they don't, nothing can stop them, but they get berated by society in return.
All this sniping business is more of an issue with conventions at this point and how not having respect for someone else already putting in actual hard work.

Sorry but, I really can’t read this without my brain having to stop to correct all the mistakes myself. It might not be the same for everyone, but for me, it kinda just ruins the flow of the story for me. It just makes let a little less enjoyable and less of a leisure read when I feel like I have to correct someone’s writing. I just feel like I’m not even reading a story. Instead, I feel like I’m peer-reviewing a classmate’s essay draft where I have to stop and make corrections every now and then. I know it’s not the same for everyone, but I just wanted to say my piece.

As for sniping, that’s typically a big no-no in scanlation communities. I see people saying that since what scanlation groups are doing is illegal in the first place, sniping should be the least of their issues— that it’s free grounds to do anything. But I feel like when you’re joining a community that can lead to legal issues, you need to be supportive of one another and to respect the basic ground rules the community has set. Scanlation groups already take a lot of legal risks— some even taking out their own personal time to release quality scans for FREE— so I think it’s important to follow the rules to respect the effort they put into their work. When a group snipes another group, work is lost.

If this really is just an experiment or an amateur project, then the least you can do is to communicate with other groups and to pick up ANOTHER project that is untranslated. I hope your talk with DnA can settle things.

While I will still probably read this regardless of who translates, my only major issue that there has been no communication from the one group where the other group has tried to reach out. I find that to be rude and disrespective on a human level and this group should at least have the courtesy to respond back.

It would help ease some of this comment war whether they should even be doing it or to just let it go...

(Though help me sweet potatoes, I used to copy edit and the grammatical mistakes are irksome...alas it is what it is. I'd offer to help if I want so busy )

I’m new here and just to know about community and comment a few day ago.

I don’t know anything about the conflict between translation group and about grammatical error or something like that, I’m just feeling thanks for anyone who doing this hard work, you put a lot of effort here for the people you didn’t know them at all.

I’m sincerely thank you so much.

P.S. I’m not native speaking in English so don’t mind me for typing or grammatical error here.
P.S.2 for the people who serious about legal and licence please know that I’m respect that part too, I won’t hesitate to buy the official version if they release it on the market.

Claude forever and of course I’ll take both Claude. ;)

I'll wait for a proper translation, thanks.

How hard is it to find one proofreader? Oh, but I guess if you had to wait for proofreading you wouldn't be able to snipe as well.

Dex-chan lover
Please practice with other untranslated/dropped manhwa. Please don't be a troll and force DAS to drop this. Please.

Group Leader
The people that support this group should stay in the comments of their chapters and the proper who support DnA scans should stay in their chapters, stop fanning the flame

Why instead of whinnying to this group about "snipping" and "how the English bothers you" you guys go to DnA and ask them to post chapters more than once a month? I bet if they posted regularly, they wouldn't have been sniped. PS: Don't come here talking about how they have lives or whatever. If you can't scanlate manhwa faster than once a month, you don't need to pick it up them.

Dex-chan lover
@Paradoxicull

Your argument about "if you can't do it, you can't complain" is horseshit. I can't sing, but I know what sounds good. I can't write a novel myself, but I know what makes a good story. I can't translate Japanese, but I know what a good translation looks like. I can't play sports at a professional level, but I can still notice when someone makes a mistake.

"those who can't do, teach"

DnA post times aren't even that bad. They were at chapter 4 for crying out loud. If it was a common trend of posting once every two months and there's a growing massive backlog of untranslated chapters then I'd be somewhat fine. Communication isn't that hard lmao. Also there doesn't seem to be any effort or it's a one man team because there are so many grammatical errors and lack of redrawing and translating sound effects. It seriously ruins it when the reader has to re-read a sentence just to make sure they get the right meaning. I'm not 100% sure if the translations are even accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread