The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

Fed-Kun's army
Like everyone else said, spend time with a proofreader before releasing. It's nice that the chapters come fast, but those chapters must at least have standards for quality if you actually care about practicing.

Group Leader
So many people seem to prefer instant gratification over an actual quality translation. The English in these chapters is awful, there's obviously way less effort being put into the editing, it's lazy, and you're all here defending this because it's "faster releases~"

Sniping is one thing, and while rude and dishonest is technically allowed. But the work is so sloppy it isn't worth reading. If you wanna practise scanlation, fine, find something else to scanlate. There's thousands of things you can pick from. But if you're going to insist on continuing this, at least match the quality of the people who were doing it first, rather than this blatant disrespect you're showing.

Group Leader
@GremoriRiel
Unfortunately, that puts us as risk for having the series dropped and left incomplete if DA scans decides to drop the series since the snipers are uploading so quickly and overtaking them. And the issue, in general, with snipers is that after the OG scanlation group drops it, oftentimes they lose interest or can't keep up and also drop it.
Then the series is no longer translated, and we get no closure (unless we learn to read Korean).

Honestly, the best case scenario is for these new dudes to collab w/ DA to upload alternately. But it seems like they're intentionally ignoring their messages, and inciting trouble via their end messages.

If they can commit to scanlating longterm until the series finishes, then that's one thing. But if they're just doing it on a whim, and drop the series (after basically making the OG scanlators drop it), then that's a new level of cruel.

@Hexxy yeah...I think the entire "sniping" argument is kind of dubious...especially on series that actually have an official English Publisher, like "Jobless Reincarnation"...but on a series like this where the original scanlation group is actually releasing with decent regularity....the horrible English in this group's releases just annoys me. The fact that DA seems to be trying to head them off at the pass and skipped a few chapters is annoying too.

If this is all about practice, then don't publish it on a site that already has a decent group publishing it.

If their grammar was passable, I wouldn't even care about this situation.

Well uh, i was gonna support you guys earlier on, but the whole "we know youre reading it anyway" comment at the end was not pleasant at all, so im gonna hold off from now on. I didnt realize you guys had been ignoring the other translators requests to stop. Thats kind of a dick move, NGL.

I'm sorry but I really don't understand why there's a problem? The other translators could drop the project, or what not. It's not like they own the comic, and either way I think both translators are translating it illegally? If the other group put hard work into chapters already, they could release the chapters and drop the project, or just stop scantalating? It makes me question the other translating group, since if they were translating out of love for the comic, like I feel you are, it wouldn't be a problem. I've seen many groups pick up projects that have already been completed before. Anyways, I think majority of people are happy to have released chapters, instead of other groups who have many comics and can't update as quick. Don't let the hate bother you.

I was sad to understand that DA scans were not aware that this scanlation was made. I thought they were aware. It's not that you can't translate this manhwa if you want. It's just that there was already a group doing the work, It would have been nice to ask if that was a problem for them. A lot of scans group decide to translate stories at the same time. They don't always collaborate and there's no obligation to collaborate. But to contact them first should have been the respectful thing to do.
I was so excited for new chapters but these news depressed me a little. I will wait for DA scans updates from now on.

@litatata if they had gone about it respectfully, maybe seeing if they can work together on a collab or something, then all would be fine, but instead they choose to blatantly ignore the actually decent quality translator, use a cheesy "claude forever" spam to drown out any mention of their dick move, and now theyre acting all cocky saying that they know were going to read their mtl anyways.

If theyre gonna be that much of an asshole it outweighs how fast they upload for me, ill wait for DA.

@Amelilia with you 100%

i wasn't gonna say much but the "we know you're reading it anyway" comment is an end-all for me.

if you're scanlating a project for "practice" then PLEASE practice courtesy by at least going for an unscanlated project? your behavior and attitude towards criticism and to the original scanlation group is beyond disrespectful and frankly causes me to lose my own respect for you as a group

please at least communicate with d&a instead of being childish and petty! it's true that d&a do not own the manhwa, but in the end, manners are an expected behavior despite not being law

It kinda killed it for me that you think that it is acceptible for you to take someone else's work/project just because u do it faster. There are lots of projects that you could have chosen from.

Dex-chan lover
Please just stop translating, there are plenty of dropped or not translated mangas and manhwas whats the point of fighting over this one? Of course, the other group doesn't own the original material but sniping just promotes bad quality material that is posted as fast as possible just to be the first and it is just rude as this community has its own special etiquette that hates sniping.

Users who are viewing this thread