The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 10

@criver
Yes, this is a case of one group being unhappy that their project was taken from them, but in future instances, if this becomes a common practice, it will be a reason not to pick up a series. If suddenly it becomes popular, and other groups try to pick up the project then, multiple groups will be competing. It feels really bad when you are part way through a chapter, and then another group releases the chapter you were in the middle of working on.

I'm not hating on this group, but it would just be a better use of everyone's time if there were collaboration between the two groups or a new series were to be picked up.

@criver

Because there’s a very good chance that them doing this will make actually competent translators stop working on this series.

Thanks for the chapter! Keep doing your thing. Btw a lot of manhwa authors already said they don't like not official translation of their work and that don't stop any of you from reading illegally, so don't come here and pretend you have the moral high ground to judge the group. Also, snipe never stopped any of these groups from getting more new manhwas. Idk if you just don't know, but every single new historical manhwa that was released in kakao showed up translated here. So just chill with the guilt trip.

Wow, stop being so toxic. It's just translation. Sure, the fact stand that the fact this group translates this series, will lead to the other group getting less publication and less donation as an result. If people are so keen about it, why don't you take it into your own hands and donate to your favorite group instead of throwing a tantrum.

I don’t know what’s going on but thanks for the hard work? (^∇^)

Dex-chan lover
@Shinker Which is not a valid justification. You do not get to decide who translates what, however scared that may make you that the other group will drop it.

@Rympha
It feels really bad when you are part way through a chapter, and then another group releases the chapter you were in the middle of working on.
I do not disagree that it may feel bad, but the goal doesn't justify the means. Mangadex's staff has done well to refrain from policing translation disputes.

Honestly the other group is probably working on tons of projects, hence why it takes 3-4 weeks for them to update on this project. This group is putting out multiple chapters per week and I’m here for it. I don’t mind reading chapters multiple times for good content.

CLAUDE FOREVER! i support whoever post the fastest!! i do not want to wait for a month just for another chapter

I'd rather have a quality translation but have to wait than get something that is poorly translated but quick. Just my two cents.

This is honestly worse than machine translations at this point. It's easier just to use OCR on the raws...

Fed-Kun's army
Tbh I’d prefer it if y’all would get a proofreader, someone whose native-level English or something.

Even if it slows you down a bit I think it would dramatically improve the quality of the translation, and imo, a translator owes that much to the original artist.

So yeah, get a proofreader. Don’t give a darn about sniping either tbh. None of y’all own the manga.

Users who are viewing this thread