The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
@LoliJuicy

It's still a spoiler, regardless of whether it was predictable. Given the context, it's also clear it was meant as petty "revenge" on the "disloyal" readers.

As far as the alt accounts go - there's more than enough circumstantial evidence that player3 was someone at the very least related to D&A (that, or that user could predict the future) - you can go to player3's latest release's comment section for more details.

@MayoNess
Get the silly notion that snipping is bad out of your head.

they have good quality releases

Everyone was happy until the fire nation arrives
That's objectively untrue - their releases were extremely slow, and many people noted that. Lo and behold, a new group comes in, and they start releasing at 10 times their speed. What does that tell you? Not to mention that after officially dropping it, they keep uploading intentionally what they would consider worse releases (they even went to plug in comic sans). This is just being petty and immature.

@criver I'll pretend not to see your ignorance as to why NNG was bad at "sniping". D&A was planning to do a mass release because of their lack of updates and even contacted NNG about it, in which they didn't respond. You can see it on their (d&a) uploaded chapters as how they reach out to NNG. but guess what. People like u don't care anyway

But then again, it has come this far. Anyone who update new chapters is a winner regardless lol

Dex-chan lover
@MayoNess
I'll pretend not to see your ignorance as to why NNG was bad at "sniping".
I insist, show me my "ignorance". Inb4 totally "unbiased" opinion of yours.

D&A was planning to do a mass release because of their lack of updates and even contacted NNG about it
Let me correct you on that - that plan hatched after NNG started scanlating it. Coincidence much?

@criver uhh Mass releases just don't magically appear in the air, even one chapter need a couple days to be worked on. translated, cleaned, typeset, and qced.

Idk, maybe D&A "coincidentally" work on 9 chapters (their mass release) in a seconds that they didn't put days of work into

This is just my two cents on this drama, but, imo, if D&A handled the situation more professionally and with more poise, then this really could have stopped a while ago.
For example, instead of calling out NNG, D&A could have just released what chapters they had finished and then put the project on hold stating that 'another group seems to be uploading, so we will be focusing on other projects' or something & let NNG do whatever they want until NNG became bored of it. Once NNG finally stops uploading or updates cease, then they could pick it back up again at a later time. This is not the only project D&A is working on. Putting their focus on their other projects instead of throwing more oil into the fire that is this current situation could have helped lessen this drama ten fold.
Albeit, this solution is a loss for the readers and a rather time consuming one (as it's not a guarantee that NNG would stop updating soon); however, D&A is in control of what projects they choose to focus on and scanlate and how they handle these situations. IMO, how they decided to execute it was unprofessional. However, I will acknowledge that D&A are probably doing scanlations as a hobby and are not an actual business that has consequences to their actions; therefore, emotions probably played heavily in how the situation was handled. It's hard to think rationally when emotions are running high.

Though I state my opinions on how the situation was handled, I am in no way undermining the time that D&A put into their chapters. I have done translations myself and do freelance art work, so I can tell it took a lot of time and effort per chapter - which I respect a lot and am thankful for. However, it really was almost as if they were waging war through their actions. Sometimes you just have to let 'trolls' be until the situation calms down, no matter how infuriating it may be. Trying to -win- at scanlations is not a thing that is entirely possible as the notion of -winning- is subjective.

Dex-chan lover
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's quite simple. A chapter is a chapter, whether its translated by a fucking dirtbag or not. Showcased perfectly here, with the first 18 chapters and the current one.

Dex-chan lover
@MayoNess

uhh Mass releases just don't magically appear in the air
Precisely - meaning they had mostly completed chapters laying around, but (under the best interpretation that they were not intentionally holding those hostage) due to their other many projects, it was not of high priority.

And they still keep pumping troll chapters through alt accounts, meaning they care more about their petty "revenge" as opposed to doing scanlation for fun.

I am still waiting for your reasons why snipping is "bad".

@Junnssu

I agree. In the end of the day, scanlating is just a volunteery work and hobby, they gain nothing and sacrifice their time and effort to it.

I guess this is what it actually is, because what little you can get from all that work is appreciation.. and when it's gone, you lose the purpose.

If i were in D&A shoes, I'd be salty as the work my team has done for free get pushed aside . However as we can see.. What's done is done.

NNG get ahold of the series, D&A backing off while throwing salt. Readers get the taste of the salt.

It is done.

Readers will keep reading the series regardless

@criver snipping is "bad" IMO because in this free-for-all community, doing scanlation is all about sacrificing your/and team time while receiving nothing back but appreciation. That's what i know why Scanlation want to do this, because readers appreciate their hardwork.

Imagine if you and your friends have done so much for these and someone just suddenly barge in faster-but-lower quality chapters. Hearing someone says "they didn't update anymore anyway" when you were planning to surprise people with mass releases or... Just like NNG taking a vacation for Chinese New Year but people seeing it as them not updating anymore.

In my eyes, Snipping is bad if you ACTUALLY work on the project

@criver idk how to quote stuff so im replying normally,

Readers get the short end of the stick from their "revenge" maybe that's why many people here is calling them petty.

But back to it again, this scanlating stuff is free, volunteery, and doesn't reward much.

Giving back what other scan group gave by updating chapters is quite right for a revenge lol

Dex-chan lover
@MayoNess That's just you putting importance over who releases first while saying scanlation is 'free'. Pick a side, is scanlation "free" for everyone or is scanlation the exclusive rights of who ever works on it first?

In an ideal free world, everyone is "free" to scanlate anything. You do not lose anything whether you release first or last, specially if the previous scanlations were "bad quality" and yours is "good quality" because you gain something by flaunting around how much better you are at it, like that girl who sits next to the ugly girl then calls her "ugly".
But of course we don't live in a free world and everything has value, including who releases a chapter first because it gets the most clicks, gets you recognition as the sole scanlation rights holder of the series, and gets you patreon donations for holding such title.

It's like copyrights, except, in piracy.

Double-page supporter
If anybody reads it and feels like sniping some more, the best option is to snipe some series from the groups that left Mangadex in 2019. We need it and they deserve it.

Dex-chan lover
@MayoNess

doing scanlation is all about sacrificing your/and team time while receiving nothing back but appreciation.
So how exactly does it follow from the above, that scanlating the same manga is "bad"? What you wrote is true, but it does not imply that scanlating the same manga is "bad". After all, the members of the other group are also sacrificing their time. How is group A's time more valuable than group B's? I do not follow your logic.

Scanlation want to do this, because readers appreciate their hardwork.
There were still readers appreciating D&A's work even after NNG came along, so this argument also doesn't work.

I am looking forward to the rest of your arguments why snipping is "bad".

when you were planning to surprise people with mass releases or
You have no reason to believe they were planning to surprise anyone, most likely one of the stages was a bottleneck, so a lot of the work was already done and waiting for the person responsible for that stage to have more time (assuming they were not intentionally holding back chapters - and yes, that has been done by other groups before, so I wouldn't put it beyond them, considering their immaturity and pettiness). If anything NNG was the main motivator for them releasing all of this.

In my eyes, Snipping is bad if you ACTUALLY work on the project
I got that part, I didn't get your reasons for believing so.

I hope someone actually got laid LOL

Thank you for this, thanks for working hard to ensure we get good chapters and scanlations~

Thanx for translation 💘💘

To be honest I'm really don't care who translate it but the first group was sooooo slow to the level make me drop it once

That's why I'm grateful to sniping teams~✨

Users who are viewing this thread