The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 37

@Huapollon One point of distrusting them was because there is no guarantee that they will use the summoned beasts for good, they could use the summoned beasts to harm people without dirtying their hands. Well I guess Ivona saving him cleared that and it was enough for him to forget everything else?

Fed-Kun's army
I don’t know why, but I have a feeling it’s either her ex-fiancée or his ally.

Aggregator gang
@Kirin-kun: i don't it's her mother, but can be related to her mother. This person have contacted the baron and her cousin, so maybe that was someone who oppose Claude.

Well, it could be her mother (would make sense considering that she was mentioned the previous chapters) but in that case her approaching the scum cousin and ex-fiancé and offering help feels like a discrepancy. Of course, it would be a different issue if she is plotting to screw them over at a later date as revenge. (As of now, it still seems like she actually cares for her daughter.)

I wonder if that person is the reason why Ivona's previous life timeline got fucked up so hard. 🤔

.... and Ivona gets surrounded by four extremely good-looking men 😋 i'm jelly

Is the hooded person her mother? 😦😦😟😟

@Huapollon It did seem a little too easy for him to suddenly warm up to her after being saved only once. Although I've seen that happen in other stories with no problem, I still wonder if another event is going to shatter his newfound trust in her. Let's hope it doesn't involve his cousin. :(

The cloaked person appeared to Tristan once, and then later to Tristan and Gaspal after Ivona's wedding, so this person can't be Gaspal or Tristan.

I may be wrong but that summoner had the lips of a girl 🤔... sigh I hope she don’t get close to ivona

Oh boy, things are spicing up! Many thanks, KKJ, as always with your great work

To me the cloaked person looks most like the Princess, but Ivona's mom would be believable to me too (considering the type of story it is). I agree with the below the posts that the Knight warming up to Ivona is a bit to quick and forced, but in a story like this it is not outside of the realm of possible.

On the Princess theory, I think if you mix the previous timeline and this one it kind of makes sense. Both Claude and Guise (Gaspal) fought the Demon army in the first timeline. So, they both would be out, as would be their main backers (like Tristan). They also were both technically fighting for the the throne too. With the Princess's claim being ignored, or maybe it is not even possible if they use a Male priority type success system. So, it would not be too surprising that she would side with the Demon King if he offers to make her Queen/Empress.

Thank you for the translations!! Please dnt for get to look after yourselves and not overwork yourselves to death!

@Griffin_DF Yeah, the princess is another suspect. The author has treated her a bit like an unimportant side character, which could make her the villain no one suspected. However, she has green eyes, and the cloaked person seems to have gold or orange-yellow-ish eyes. We've never seen Ivona's mother's face, so we don't know what her eye color is. I am very tempted to look at the spoilers others have provided, but I won't! If it is the princess, then I can't imagine what her motivation is, aside from wanting the throne for herself and not sharing it with a man, which follows the story's theme of women having their own agency and making their own decisions.

I'm wondering... Since Gaspal secured the throne for himself in the previous timeline, did that mean he would eventually break off his engagement to Ivona and marry the princess? Yikes. I'd sell my soul to the Demon King, too.

Users who are viewing this thread