The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 1 Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if the dude will get frustrated enough to tear the contract between them and tell her that he wants her to be his real wife.

Dex-chan lover
@Purplelibraryguy @shinsenryuu @karolyn
I think the problem there is that Sally knows Ivona for too long.
She does see Ivona as her "master" but not just like that and more like a friend she is devoted to and falls in the problem that Ivona personality changed from what Sally knew. Before Ivona was timid and passive and would listen to what Sally had to say, for example in this chapter the problem with the clothes is that Sally want Ivona to dress more "mature" to seduce the Duke as she sees the marriage as being cold and distant, since they rarely act like a couple would, and Sally must be seeing it as Ivona being timid and trying to "push" Ivona into taking action.
Off course if there is something wrong it could be some magic suggestion that increased those emotions and made Sally act in a rushed way but I don't believe it to be out of malice, for now at least.

Double-page supporter
It's always best to not trust anyone
Not even yourself!

Fed-Kun's army
I don't really think that she is blackmailed or something like that since if she was I feel like she would do other things that chose dress that the FL doesn't like, call her miss instead of madam or speak badly of her to the head mais like she did when they arrived at the duke's mansion. I don't see what doing that might help someone to the point that they blackmail/ bribe her to do it. I feel more like it's what @mahtan said, she used to be like that whit the FL before and didn't really understood that the FL changed so she keep acting disrespectfully like she has always do. That or an other kind of resentment toward the FL for some unknown reason to us since what she did seems just petty and not really thought out.

I'm really glad this isnt fake chapter.
Why do april fools exist anyway? I dont think it's funny at all. =3=

As always, Thankyou for the translation ❤❤

What is the "both mansion" she keeps talking about? Is it meant to be Vouten as in her last name?

Omg YES! Ivona is sooo smart!
I mean, even though she is greatly plagued by her past and is unable to trust and ask for help... She is still keeping her eyes open and isn't blind to the actions of the people she previously trusted! Even though she keeps her distance she is still able to be kind.
I really like her as a main character!

I suppose we will find out soon enough what Sally’s problem is. Could be that someone is pulling her strings, maybe against her will. Perhaps she’s being used to relay information about Ivona’s movements.

I love how far Ivona has come in terms of strength. Seeing her at the very beginning of the story is very painful and sad.

@Raikuha I’m confused about this as well. When the cloaked figure first showed up in the story (Chapter 14), they referred to Tristan as “Mr. Both.” Not sure if it’s a translation issue or what. And that was D&A scans, too. Now we have it again with a different group.

I bet it has something to do with her cousin and that person they're with at that tower during Ivona's wedding...

Oh thank goodness Ivona is still able to be cautious and isn't completely blind with Sally.
Still, I haven't read the updated spoilers other than
Spoilers regarding Sally
She was in love with Gaspal. Whatever she does, in the end she only gets a light punishment: well, she got fired and received a huge amount of money (either as hush money or because of her relationship with Ivona

Still curious on the hooded person. Honeymoon phase~

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, gonna agree with the stuff mahtan said. I can't possibly fathom how people instantly suspect her, especially considering the look Sally had on her face when talking to the head maid some chapters ago about Ivona's personality, as well as the look of fear when she thought Ivona was rejecting her. There may be some kind of hidden agenda in regards of her being there(i.e. the Tristan spy theory), but nothing particularly indicative of being malicious =01.

Users who are viewing this thread