The Soulless Duchess - Vol. 2 Ch. 67

claude and alphonse (from duchess 50 tea recipes) are my absolute husband materials like seriously you cant find men like those just anywhere, even more so in real life

Time to introduce these women to the idea of Feminsm. Notice how there are no fat women in that ball? Well, ladies, we're about to change that. xD

Thank you for the chapter! CLAUDE IS BEST BOY 🥺 God he's so whipped for herrr I love to see it!!

oh yeah, I already liked this series but this chapter is truly gold, showing how a patriachic society works, how easy it is to hurt the pride of some people when going against the unwritten rules and presenting us not only a truly equally mc couple but also good side characters like our princess, those noble girls or the emperor who truly reviews things, and I even like our villains in that they are good written, they are neither the overdramatic evil mastermind aka maou nor so pathetic and dumb that you ask yourself how that ever could function and their hate-love-dependency relationship is good

I never would have expected the story to explicitly be about gender roles and the distribution of power between the sexes, but it's clear that's where it's been heading for the last little while. Honestly, I'm just happy we're getting some movement, narratively speaking; the pacing in this series hasn't been the best at times.

Dex-chan lover
so happy to see her getting the recognition after so long

Dex-chan lover
Haha, I totally forgot. Ivona's been unwittingly stoking the flames of social revolution by empowering many of the ladies she's interacted with.

I'm sure some prude sexists will object, but Ivona is already an icon of an independent woman and she did it without saying a thing about her sex. It's truly fortunate her new hubby will fight to the death to defend her honor if anyone actively picks a fight.

While some other manhua also do this, I do feel like this is the most highlight this sort of thing has had that I've seen in a good story.

Its making me so sad and angry that alike to history in our world and this manhwa that womens dreams, hopes and even accomplishments have been overshadowed by the fact that they’re not a man. I hope Ivona and women today continue to inspire and to creat opportunities for other female dreamers. I wonder if Ivona will create an academy? Or teach summoning?

And then people ask why I don't get a man. Manhwas have made my expectations to high 😖

Users who are viewing this thread