The Soulless Duchess

I agree with you @adniamara_ what the two translation groups doing are illegal and there might come a day that the author will find out the her work is being translated illegally which will cause for the translators to drop the series. I understand that both of them are working hard on this series but realistically most of the readers want the quick updates.

Anyone using Tachiyomi to read this manga getting all chapters by NNG marked as unread every time it checks for updates?

The sniped garbage is only a day or so early and you guys are really willing to drive off the real group for that.. its pathetic. No name begone

The problem I see here is that when NNG or Claude Forever posts their chapters, it seems that DnA sees no point in posting their own work (like how they skipped over 2 chapters). A lot of hard work goes into scanlation and it must suck to feel the need to scrap your work because another group scanlated the chapter first. Imagine what it would feel like if you spent a long time working on something, only for someone to announce they did the same thing before you even finished. It would suck. Without communication or collaboration between the 2 groups, DnA is probably going to stop because they may see no point in working on chapters that are already done. This is all really sad, but it would be cool if the two groups could work together because then chapters would come out even faster and it would cut the workload of DnA and NNG. But that will probably never happen...

I really appreciate Claude Forever translations.
As an English teacher, I must say that although their translations are not ideal, they have improved a lot throughout the chapters. Keep up the good work :)
It would be great if both groups could work together, releases would be faster and the quality would improve. 🤩

I thought this over and honestly, I’d just be upset over NNG not just translating from the first chapter. They jumped in with a later chapter following whatever DnA had already previously released. In a way I view it as stealing someone else’s readership without building it for yourself. It undermines DnA’s previous efforts. And NNG isn’t really earning their cred.

There’s nothing wrong with preferring quicker content, but just don’t undermine the feelings of DnA. Some commentators are being a little rude; unappreciative of what DnA has done so far. If they drop this I completely understand. However, if NNG doesn’t keep up with the momentum or decide to drop this. I don’t expect readers to react kindly in the future. My expectation is that they stick this out if they wanted to translate this so badly and build enough credibility like some other translation groups on this platform.

i support DnA scans! im currently refusing to read the NNG chapters - i dont see a reason in reading a low quality scan when there's someone already putting in the hard work to give us the best quality possible.

and don't come to me with "they're practicing their english!!" because they could practice with something else that isn't being released SUUUUPER easily. there's no reason to keep translating and uploading this besides wanting the views and reactions. they've been asked to stop, they acknowledge it's wrong but brush it off as "just practice", it's gross. :/ again, if they started translating from the beginning, or if they just wanted to practice but didn't turn it into a competition, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Reposting from chapter comment bc from what I can tell, I don’t think people understand why sniping is perceived the way it is
—-

@Agathafk
In the grand scheme of things, yes, fan scan/translators don’t own the series. As individuals, at the end of the day, you’re free to make your own decisions and owning up to them.

What I just want to clarify is the reason why sniping is perceived the way it is: yes, all scan/trans groups carry the risk of potential legal trouble. But the reason why they risk it is bc they want to make series accessible to readers who otherwise may not know about it or able to obtain/read it. With this sentiment, most groups share the same intention.

With sniping, it takes those intentions and turns it into a competition. Whoever updates last starts to feel discouraged & that they wasted their time & energy, since that effort was suppose to go into making something that was previously
unavailable now accessible. More than one group working on releasing the same content just isn’t productive and doesn’t add anything new to the scene (if they’re both of passable quality; in cases where the quality is starkly different then more than one option would be more openly embraced). It’s more productive and respectful for the scan/translation community in general (not readers, readers would arguably benefit) if sniping is avoided when possible

Rather than it being “right or wrong”, it’s more like acknowledging that sniping was disrespectful to the former group. But if that’s something you’re fine with doing and you end up releasing first consistently, then by all means, that’s the decision you choose to embrace. It’s not really about the readers bc at the end of the day, they’ll continue to read what they want to.

I just don’t get it, why i got this email from mangadex:
Hello,

One of your comments in this thread has been marked as moderated because it has been found to break a rule. This means it is hidden from all users who have not enabled displaying moderated comments.

This moderated comment will not necessarily lead to further disciplinary action but repeated offenses may do so.

This is an automated message, do not reply. If you have questions about moderation, please contact a moderator on the staff.

The only thing i wrote was claude forever and thank you for updating.
I just now too afraid to write something again.
Can someone explain it to me what i did wrong?
Thank you in advanched!

To be honest I think it’s best if angels and devils Scans drop this series. Yes, I love their work, but they already have so many series that they’re currently translating. This series has become one of my favorite top ten, but they update at a very leisurely pace. Angels and Devils scans works are my favorite but I always end up waiting for their updates for months, or even years, because I like binge reading. I’m just one of the many fans of Angels and Devils Scans works. I hold no hate against them and I’m just voicing my opinions! Thank you. 😊

@Mafkees,
Official reason: Everyone repeating that is considered spam so they flagged you for spamming.
Real Reason: One of the mods didn't like that the group was snipping and used their power to make an example of you for supporting them.

Thank you to both groups for translating this manhwa because I really like the story. I hope both groups could come to an agreement that makes both of them happy.

Dex-chan lover
I don't always find a good read but when I do..
There's scanlation drama on it.

I don't understand how nonames group gets any kind of support. Their English is just downright atrocious. DnA's is 100x better and I wish they'd release the other chapters as well. Sure, fast, but also, trash. Before you get all defensive and be like oh but they're practicing! Is anyone going to correct their mistakes and show them where they can improve? How are they going to get better if they're just releasing this poor translation time and time again? They aren't getting any better.

Users who are viewing this thread